Video Enhance AI v1.6.1

Also for some reason the forum won’t let me link to imgur or upload an image, but I have images and video of whats going on if anyone has a way for me to share.

im gur dot com/a/33S4B0R

The 3080 isn’t yet supported.

1 Like

Newbie here with my first post. You guys are doing some amazing things with VEAI and the various tools. I fell in this rabbit hole in my pursuit for a watchable SG-1, Voyager, and DS-9.

I’ve been trying to find Hybrid but the site was down (now says under construction). With such a generic name, its been hard to find anything via Google.

Thanks for any help finding this!

The 3080 isn’t yet supported.

Ah thanks! I’ve joined the Alpha facebook and I’ll try things out there.

Admins, here is a good video sources for train your models: youtube watch?v=_6NHLSB0WV4
YOu can grab video from blu ray and train with low quality from old dvds

1 Like

http://www.selur.de/downloads

Thanks but the site has been offline.

I think you quoted the wrong post.

The site works fine here.

Check here: → Selur.de down? Current problems and status.

Try copy / pasting the url (Downloads | Hybrid) into a free proxy service and see if it works now for you: https://www.proxysite.com/

When upscaling DSLR 1080p footage to UHD it seems that the highlights are more blown out. Tried to balance it with adjustment layer and bring highlights down. Also tried saturation but it doesn’t fix the issue. Is there a way to avoid any exposure and color shifts when upscaling?

The proxy site worked - THANK YOU!

Do you have an estimate of when the rtx 3080 will be supported for the video enhance ai software?

I find myself using Tiff or PNG the entire upscale process. The initial cleanup and export to image files via After Effects, then upscale as image files with Video Enhance, then render the images as a sequence, adding audio, in After Effects (or any video editor, really) as AVI.
If needed, I’ll bring the format back to something useable with a lossless HandBrake encode to MKV or MP4. It’s lengthy, but with the number YouTube encoding does to uploads, it’s best to keep everything as lossless as possible along the way.

@spookanicka
How do you fix exposure and color shifts when upscaling? When I render my 1080p timeline I bring the export in Topaz. Render as TIFF 16 bit and bring it back in PP on UHD timeline. The upscaling is nice but I saw an exposure change (more bright after upscaling). Compared the 1080p and the UHD and you can see the Lumetri scopes in Adobe shifting as well.

This version didn’t work for me, it kept on crashing.
I went back to version V.1.5.3

1 Like

Same here. Patiently awaiting an update that hopefully gets this software back to being stable. Totally unusable right now.

Please contact support so we can help fix any issues you are facing! We don’t currently have any known issues related to crashing so we can only fix it if people like you contact support and we get your logs :slight_smile:

Same for you. Please contact support so we can fix any issues we are facing! :slight_smile:

Verified: more detail with lower values on both Theia models. I agree that it’s counter-intuitive.

Just heard that Matt Lathrop is no longer with Topaz. Not sure what this means for the future of Video Enhance AI. :frowning:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-lathrop-108b1681/

Hi, I’m getting worse results running VEAI with the same settings on the command line vs on the GUI:

Command line arguments

"C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video Enhance AI\veai" -i sea_turtles.mp4 ^
-o cl_results -f png -s 2.0 -m ghq-1.0.1 -c 0

GUI options (Click on the link - preview cut off the top half of the image)

Am I missing something?

1 Like