Video Enhance AI v1.6.0

Same here. I am still in contact with Topaz. I bought VE AI for 169,99 $ and I doubt a one year extension should cost almost 120 % of the original purchase.

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile: as matt said, the tables have been made by users, without using the same video. so the results are what they areā€¦ itā€™s a bit hard to know that iā€™m the one who has the slower machine compared to everybody else (lol), since then iā€™m in a strong depression lol.

Making some tests using the MP4 mpeg4 video output and it had output an MKV file. After checking with MediaInfo it is really a real Matroska video file.
Did I miss something or was the MKV output support specified on the change logs ?

We put that in as an undocumented feature to get some testing done on it before announcing it. We arenā€™t sure we are going to keep it. Please do test and let me know how it goes!

RTX 3080 / sec per frame , Video enhance AI Alpha Result ,
Gaia - HQ
SD > 1080P , 0.23
SD > 4K , 0.34
HD 100% Denoise, 0.79
HD > 4K , 0.88

2 Likes

Oh, yeah! Now the H.263 setting is redundant :sunglasses:

Nice, seeing all below 1s / frame. Gotta get 1 when it is available to be purchased at normal price. All 3080s in the market now are overpriced.

For me. With my RTX 2080 latest version 1.6.0 as of November 2nd
Gaia -HQ
I get slightly better results.
It might be because no optimization yet on the software.
SD > 4k, 0.35
Buts its the same with SD > 1080p.
Its the same problem with video game performance with 1080p between the rtx 20 series and rtx 30 series. I just wanted to add this. Considering how hard it is get even a 20 series at good prices. I mean my 2080 should be Less $500 on the used market. The 2080 ti was the only card that sold for less than $500 right around the RTX 3000 series launch back in September. Because people were panicking about how good the 3000 series were. I donā€™t think my 2080 was much better than my 1070 ti. Until the more recent updates. I think with more familiarity with hardware. It should be better. But with HD > 4k. Its 2.18 sec. And with HD 100% Denoise its 1.49 sec. So on those two counts. The 3080 is more than twice as fast then my 2080. Its only with the SD > 4k or HD. Its barely any difference. But that is with upscaling SD. Hopefully this will help.