Video Enhance AI v1.0.2 -- Initial Release

We just tried playing For the King, a casual adventure game, while the 1080ti was running Video Enhance. The game ran, but after we exited the game Video Enhance was no where to be found. We lost 50 hours of encode time.

Just some more bits into it: maybe even INT4 could be implemented as it’s supported by NVIDIA cards, with double the performance of INT8, and around 8x that of FP32, however it depends on how results would look, as its half the precision so maybe not so useful. Also thare’s not so much available as how to work on INT4 so development of the module/application would be harsh aswell unless Topaz DEVs knows a lot about work with inference precison.

Started Video Enhance back up. Then we tried to play The Witcher three on that 1080ti with 48GB RAM system. The Witcher crashed as soon as it loaded the first 3D scene.

Hi, I was doing a lot of 3D rendering in the 90’s where a project could take weeks. The ouptput was never a video file but a single picture.

it would not come to my mind to launch a 2 days rendering project writen in a Video file when a software is at his so early stage. This software has a possibility to save Each picture one by one so it’s the best solution in my own opinion until there is a possibility to keep the file already “encoded” and start again from a backup.

I only encode for now for testing purpose small files, and i don’t do anything else except windows normal task. during the encoding i use this time to do something else (watching TV etc…) it would not come to my mind to play to a video game, or do a video editing or any else pretty intensive in terme of CPU or GPU while using a software like VEAI.

it’s ok for something like few dozens of minute, but not for long rendering task per treatment.

Love this software anyway, I don’t regret at all my purchase. hope they fix the out of sync audio part / frames issues quick.

1 Like

Updated to Video Enhance AI 1.2.0
Now the program either gets stuck when Initializing or crashes with error immediately. I have the error logs. I Updated GPU drivers as directed to 445.75 Release 03/23/2020. I restart system as directed.
I tried the software over 10 times all with the same result.
I updated my Ryzen 3700x with RTX 2060 KO system.
This system worked (with above mentioned issues) with the v1.1.1
Unfortunately there is no link to the previous version to reinstall the working version.
I have the log file but this isn’t the support.

Others users reported same errors (me included)

They provided a link with the 1.1 installer so we could roll back, you have to uninstall 1.2 and install the older one

1 Like

Where is the link to 1.2.0? And what is the change log on it? All I see is 1.1.1 on the download page. Thanks!

they didn’t add change logs for this version
The link on download page ( https://topazlabs.s3.amazonaws.com/packages/win/videoenhanceai/VideoEnhanceAI-windows-x64-installer.exe ) is for 1.2, even if it’s written 1.1.1 on description

The link for 1.1 installer, when you realize 1.2 is BS, is here:
https://topazlabs.s3.amazonaws.com/packages/win/videoenhanceai/VideoEnhanceAI-1.1.0-windows-x64-installer.exe

1 Like

I’m hoping someone can tell me what I did wrong, I used the command “videosrcmd.exe “inputVideoPath” -h 1080 -fps 60” on a source video that was 480p and 30 fps. For some reason the output was 960p and 60 fps but…the video didn’t have frames added it was just sped up 2x when was I was looking for was 1080p and 60fps at regular playback speed.

Thank you!

Are you refering to VEAI? I don’t think VEAI has a videosrcmd.exe. If you’re refering to Gigapixel it’s another app and you should be asking on it’s specific forum. Rather, open a support request and they maybe able to help you.

For Video Ai Enchance the output always MP4 for videos. PNG is for pictures only.

The trial of Video Ai Enchance is so so only. First when you try to upscale SD to HD the video get error like update your driver, restart your computer and reduce the AI Enchance? error error error?

Already have the latest driver. I’m using PC GTX2060 still so slow?

Had to restart my PC many times or the software, sometime works sometimes not. When it works for video like 30mins to convert to HD took like 6hrs to 9hrs.

The processed took too long for just 30min video. If I try to convert to 4k took even longer and not working. Work half way and gone. File only converted half way (not working). Should fix the file even when it converted half should be-able to play the file and see.

They should fix it it has too many problems and too slow.

Most video converters can convert videos (Movies) over an hour only took like under 1 hour for 1080p.

That’s v1.2, it’s BS and full of errors, get 1.1.

You’re not converting a video, you’re creating detail it’s not there through a deep-learning trained algorithm (or the so-called ‘AI’). It’s hugely resource demanding, it’s pretty much the same thing as NVIDIA DLSS (if you have a RTX 2060 you should know what’s that, if you don’t please look into), however VEAI doesn’t use your GPU Tensor Cores, which is the piece that makes it possible to be used in games. It uses only the CUDA Cores (or Compute Units) as it works in FP32 so that’s why your GPU is so slow at it. Tensor Cores are made to work with FP16/Int8/Int4 not FP32 so they are just as idle as when you play a game without DLSS.

1 Like

Wow look at that, got all my software crossed… that solved it!

Video Ai So its been 48 Hours. Doing a 2 hour video basically. ETA is about 2 days adding the minutes. 44 to 53 frames a second. So 48 hours later its still at the intro. I understand why it takes a long time. But does anyone know if there is any way to help it work faster? System wise? Besides buying a super computer. At this rate it will be 3 months before its done.

You have to have a recent 10xx, 16xx, or 20xx series Nvidia graphics card or it will attempt to do the work on the CPU which is so slow its basically useless.

Using Artemis-HQ, it takes me 4:19 to upscale 2-hour SD movie to FHD 1080p (Danny Kaye, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty). Before I upgraded to GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, it would have taken over a month, just using the iGPU (CPU). Keep in mind, this is running on high-end PC with i9-9900K with 32 gigs of ram. So far, I’ve done some of the 1960’s Family Affair episodes, but the MPI Home Video transfers to DVD are awful. The end result was OK, but I stopped all of my projects, pending additional VEAI improvements.

1 Like

I’m doing it with my i7-7700 (32Gb Ram) (Cpu only, without using the iGpu :frowning: ) (i have a VGA monitor plugged on my GT640 Nvidia, unfortunatly as my motherboard has no VGA output, so the iGpu is not used unfortunatly). depending of the source, for a Full HD , it’s a 5 frames / seconds to 25 frames per seconds.
i use only the CG preset, as it give the best result for me. so while waiting better days, no other choice , the computer run all days. :frowning:

It appears the latest release has removed the ability to process interlaced footage. While interlaced footage didn’t look great with the x200 and x400 enhance option, it did make a difference when using the x100 denoise/deblock option and I was using it for some tv shows. Why remove the ability to deal with a file type that is virtually universal to all DVDs? I’m just glad I copied the previous version to a different location, so could roll back to a more usable version. Quite frankly the artimis nonsense is unnecessarily complicated. The options before were concise and simple. Not a useful update. Dissapointed

It no longer accepts interlaced files, so if the file you try is interlaced you will get the error message. The previous version did allow interlaced files.