Video Enhance AI 1.2.0 doesn't work

Hi! First sorry for my bad english. Since 1.2.0 update the program stopped working in my rig. Every time I try to render a video I get a AI engine failure even if I set the AI resources demand option to 20% (minimum) my vram fills up and shows the error. Anyone has troubles with 1.2.0? I’m the only one?

I have a 2070 super 8gb and last drivers from nvidia. The previous version worked perfectly and now I can’t roll back to 1.1.1. Thank you.

Good Afternoon!

We are currently working on a fix for that. Here is a link to roll back:
https://topazlabs.s3.amazonaws.com/packages/win/videoenhanceai/VideoEnhanceAI-1.1.0-windows-x64-installer.exe

v1.2.0 will be ready for release in about a week.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Sounds great!

Are there release notes for it?

I got the same problem, but managed to work by restarting my PC, but encoding speed in this build is obnoxious. I was getting stable ~1 FPS before with 1.1.0 (with HQ) now I’m getting between 6 to 10 seconds per frame (with Gaia-HQ), it actually started as 1 FPS but performance diminishes as the encode goes as if it’s building up or something, I don’t know. I too have a RTX 2070.
Right now I’m trying a Artemis-HQ pass just to see if the same thing happens, but I’m already sad at results. Image quality is really bad (it seems it passes a filter over the image - thus diminishing details instead of sharpening edges and giving more detail -, and makes colors more bright and that’s all - oh, let’s not forget the noise it adds) and encode speed is already slower at 1.64 Seconds per frame from beginning. I’m waiting to see if it happes the same as with the Gaia-HQ where speed gets worse as the encode goes.
After this try I’m too rolling back to 1.1

Even though with Artemis-HQ is not as bad, can confirm same thing is happening. Although the app says it’s at 1.64 seconds per frame it is already taking around 5 seconds to each frame after ~30 minutes

I got v1.2 running on my i7, 1080ti system (it didn’t just crash!).
I tried preview on all 6 gia and artimis options, and some seemed to do nothing (just blurry enlarge) and none looked as good as the HQ from v1.1

I deleted it and installed v1.1 again.

Would be nice if Topaz updated us on the situation of that new release :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
just sayin’ :kissing::notes:

Did they take v1.2.0 down? I just downloaded and installed, it says I have v1.1.0.

Yes. It looks like it is down. I still have 1.2.0 installed, but I didn’t seem to be having the problems others were having. (Though, my performance expectations were non-existant since it is the only version I’ve used).

almost 3 weeks after and still waiting for the release that ‘was ready about 10 days ago’

Any news on that, please?

1.2 still in beta. They have problems with this version.

My 30 day trial has expired and never saw a version that worked without crashing randomly. Oh well, if they get it running at a release stability level it will be interesting software.

1 Like

I’m running v1.2.0 without any problems or crashes. The only issue I have is with the preview sometimes picking a frame from the previous preview at the very beginning. It can get annoying.
And for the preview it’s urgent we could customize the length of it. 30 frames is just not enough to have an idea of what model suits the most with the video we are using. And if that video is 60fps then it’s even worse, it’s half a second preview and we see nothing.

Hello,

Just purchased a few hours ago. I too have a Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2070 XTREME with 8Gb of VRam and I7 + 16GB Of Ram .
In the latest version: 1.2.1 I get the “AI Engine Failure”- CPU works (with sound - more on that below), but is verrrrry slow.
Downloaded 1.1.0. The rendering works but it does not output audio from the video so I end up with a very nice video but without sound in it… using CPU in 1.1.0 gives the same result - No audio.

Any ideas would be nice - this isn’t a cheap app, as you know. I would like to be able to use it properly.

Well Figured it out.

Uninstalled 1.1.0 and installed 1.1.1. Fixes the not rendering problem on RTX2070 and the sound problem.

Any Idea when 1.2 would be fixed?

where did you got 1.1.1 installer?

Hey,

Take the link published at the start of the topic. Copy it and add a 1 instead of 0 in the file name so you get 1.1.1.exe if I’m not mistaken instead of 1.1.0.exe .

I’m having this issue of the rendering failing. I’m on 1.2.1 and it was all working before I updated my video drivers as asked by Topaz when troubleshooting a quality issue with the frames (which they hope to fix down the road as everyone has this issue).

Anyway, tried reinstalling the GPU driver, rolling back the driver, restarting, can’t uninstall the software as it doesn’t have an uninstall exe for some reason. So I just reinstalled the program again. Still crashes. Lowered the demand down to 200% from 500%.

Like this program was working before but now it won’t without crashing when using the GPU.

Setup is:
i9-9900K
32 GB RAM
RTX 2080Ti

It doesn’t work for me either. I am using Windows 10 64 bit with a good GPU and 12gb ram. But the quality of the output is pathetic, it’s even worse than the original.