Video AI not tidying up on exit

My disk space was diminishing quite rapidly after using Video AI. Then I noticed that after exiting the programme any previews are left in my \AppData\Local\Temp.…\previews folders. Also found links to the files in the Recent folder. Can the programme not tidy up after closing or is there an option to force this?

2 Likes

Are these files still there after a computer restart?

Hello. Yes they are still there after a reboot.

I’m tagging in on this, I’ve been having this issue as well. I think ever since TVAI switched to the new multiple-preview system.

The defined TEMP folder does not remove temporary session (123456789) folder and files within when Video AI is closed. Additionally, when you delete a preview from within TVAI it does not remove it from the TEMP session>previews folder. If you try to manually delete it from the Previews folder while TVAI is open it will say the file is locked even when it no longer appears as a preview within the program.

I tried assigning the TEMP location to different drives; SSD, HDD, and RAMDISK behaved the same in each location, all formatted to NTFS. After TVAI is closed I can go back to the TEMP folder and delete the session folder or the previews by hand, but the program definitely isn’t doing it itself. I also tried running TVAI as Administrator, but the results were the same.

System: Windows 11 23H2. TVAI 4.1.0.

Screenshots; 1. Shows two test previews, 2. Shows that i’m deleting them from within TVAI., 3. Shows that they are gone within TVAI, yet remain in the TEMP Previews folder., 4. Shows that files are locked regardless of being deleted from within TVAI.

Log attached.
2024-01-27-19-23-35-Main.tzlog (204.4 KB)

1 Like

Image sequences do get deleted though. I have reported this in the beta section, but no acknowledgement about it yet.

Reporting that the issue continues in 4.2.0.1 Alpha.

The issue appears to be fixed in v4.2.2.1 Beta. The preview files are now deleted when the Preview Group is removed in TVAI. Thank you, Devs.

Glad to hear it is fixed in a Beta release. Do we know when that will be released to general users? Sooner the better as it is really bugging me having to find the files and delete them manually!