Video AI causes hard lock-up and reboot while processing

I’ve been batch processing some video with Video AI 3.2.1, and later 3.2.2

With both versions, I’m getting a hard system lock followed by a reboot.

[If you are posting a new bug, please include the following]

1. The bug / behavior you have encountered

2. Your system profile
    Mac Studio.spx (9.1 MB)
    logsForSupport.tar.gz (175.5 KB)

3. Your log files (Help > Logging > Get Logs for Support)

4. Any screenshots as necessary

[Please be sure to have searched for your bug before posting. Duplicate posts will be removed.]

1 Like

Hello,

Could I take a look at the crash report from macOS? This should be available after the system reboots following the unexpected shutdown.

Thanks!

Confirmed. It happened once or twice to me. The whole sysem froze, the mousepointer got stuck. The keyboard did not respond anymore. Should be found in the log files I uploaded to the drop box a few days ago. :eyes:

Hey Imo :slight_smile: What Dropbox did you upload to and what is the title on the submission?

Hey Ida, I can’t remember for sure but I normally upload to the drop box mentioned in the original post related to the version I spoke about. I did not find an option to add any info to the upload beside my forums name Imo and my email address so I don’t know. :eyes:

Would you be able to upload the files to my link instead?

You can securely submit your files(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit File to Dropbox

Upload complete. :blush:

As always, thank you :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, there is not much to go off of in your logs and TVAI is not reporting any errors. Curious if this may be machine specific for you. From memory, you have a few different machines, is that correct?

@topaz-9790
Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Unfortunately, the logs are not showing any errors and since your machine is so new, I would highly recommend taking your machine in just in case there is a bigger issue at play with your machine.

Is this constant for you? Or a one or two-time issue? We have not been able to reproduce this behavior in-house.

Yes, but I normally don’t use Video AI that much on the laptop because of the lack of gpu power. I am also not sure if Video AI was able to save anything into the log file for the case that the whole system froze completely. Maybe not. I also did not yet experience any major issues with the machine per se. It can process via Video AI for 18 hours non-stop without any issues. All sorts of compuer games run just fine. The total freeze happened only once or twice yet and only with the latest experimental version of Video AI… :eyes:

1 Like

Since it’s has happened twice for me (last two uses), I am guessing I can repro it again.

Other than topaz logs, what other info would you like me to provide if/when it happens again?

That is very kind of you, however, the logs are not showing any error that is helping us understand what is occurring and we are unable to reproduce this locally.

If you are able to create the environment for the crash (exact files, steps, etc) this may allow us to reproduce it. If you happen to have the Apple crash report for Topaz Video AI that also may be useful.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.