Video AI 4.10 (PC) Export errors after first exported file

• taking x amount of files
  • importing to Video AI
  • setting up the export settings
  • after the first file will complete the processing and exporting, the next file will start processing around 1-2 FPS (normal speed is around 30FPS)
  • at some point it spits out an error and moves to the next file in the line. same repeats.
  • when I right-click on the errored file and choose “process again”, exactly the same happens: first in line will be exported and the rest will give an error.
  • this started to happen from 4.09 and same with the 4.10 as well

Cleaned the Topaz install and reinstalled everything. Nothing changed.

i7, 13700K
64GB RAM
M.2 2TB Samsung EVO Pro SSD
RTX 4070
Win 11 PRO

Hello,

Could I take a look at the app’s log files to see what is causing the error in Video AI?

To gather logs, please select Help > Logging and make sure that there is a check mark next to File Logging. Next, recreate the issue and then return to the Help menu and select > Get Logs for Support

You can securely submit your file(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit to Dropbox

Uploaded the log files.

Thanks for the logs!

This should be resolved in version 4.1.1, released yesterday.

In addition to updating Video AI, we recommend manually setting the “AI Processor” to your NVIDIA card in the app’s preferences:

File → Preferences → Processing

368f461d1eae08a351627bf206a65303.png

1 Like

yeah, sorry to let you know, but the same problem is still here…

Thanks for trying that. It looks like the list of GPU devices available to Video AI is changing after the first process runs, and causing the Intel integrated card to be set as the primary GPU.

We’re looking into ways of preventing the integrated GPU from taking over processing automatically, but for now this can be resolved by disabling the integrated GPU in Windows Device Manager.

This can also be caused by connections through Microsoft Remote Desktop.

Disabling integrated GPU did it. It has been over 24h now, and still holding good without any issues. And I am using RDP at the same time. So it seems that switching to integrated GPU after the first file was indeed the issue.

Hi there,
I am having the same issue. I am running Video AI 4.11 on a new system. Preview works perfectly regardless of setting. (Photo AI also works flawlessly) When I try to Export it starts to run for maybe 1-2 seconds and then says ‘command error’ even if I have no change to the original video settings.
Having read previous posts regarding ops suggestion;
I have no integrated GPU in my system to worry about
I have also uninstalled and then reinstalled the software. (After deleting the software I could find no trace of the suggested regedit commands to delete)

My system specs are;
windows 11 home
i9-13900kf cpu
nvidia geforce rtx 4070
ASUS ROG strix Z790-h mboard
64gb DDR5 5600 RAMM
Crucial P3 plus gen4 2tb SSD

I need to get this thing working ASAP! Help please!
Cheers, Steve

the KF type CPU does not have integrated graphics!

1 Like

I got the “command error” thing previously with some 3.x versions. For me it was a problem with audio in export settings. I had it on “copy”, so after I changed it to whatever conversion - the problem went away.

Hi tambet, very much appreciate the suggestion… unfortunately I tried that and no change, she still stops conversion almost instantly…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.