Trying to use Studio 2.2 in Photoshop CS6

The latest update of Studio 2 seems to have a serious problem with photoshop. The previous version worked well but after updating, Studio 2 will not appear in the filters menu. All of the recommended procedures were followed and the process was repeated including uninstall shutdown etc but it simply won’t appear in photoshop. What’s different? Can the previous version be downloaded again?

Problem solved thanks to Fotostooge Mask AI plugin install issues - #8 by Fotostooge

I just got a new Win10 Pro computer and I’m migrating all my software over - including Photoshop CS6 64-bit and old & new Topaz Lab products - so everything is fresh and new. On my new computer, none of the new Topaz Labs stuff (Studio2, Adjust AI, DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI) showed up in the PS CS6 Filter menu. When run as standalone, these products ran fine. My Topaz legacy products and other, non-Topaz, plugins installed and worked just as expected.

I followed all the troubleshooting instructions I could find - including running the products first - without success.

I finally figured out the install software for my AI&Studio2 products were not creating the shortcuts that tell Photoshop CS6 the location of the Topaz Labs AI products. The usual location for these shortcuts is “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins”. The shortcuts are supposed to point to a folder for each of the products like “C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz DeNoise AI\PS_Plugins_x64”. This folder contains a “.8bf” file. You’ll find similar paths for the other Topaz Labs products. Note Studio2 is located in "C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC".

I couldn’t create a shortcut in the Plugins folder even though I was a member of the Administrators group. So what I did, for example, is create a shortcut on my desktop that pointed to “C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz DeNoise AI\PS_Plugins_x64”, then moved that shortcut into the “Plug-ins” folder (after telling Win10 it’s OK). This got things working for me - things started showing up in the Filter menu every time I created a new shortcut for another product. I’ve created a support ticket.

I hope this provides some clues for others.

1 Like