Topaz Video AI v4.0.8

I have been trying to use Topaz Video AI for some time now and have yet to get it to work. An example is that I just took a short video that I took and tried to run it through this software. I selected Enhancement-Gaia-Upscale HQ. I don’t know what it’s supposed to do exactly so I was experimenting just to see if it would improve the video quality. It took 18 minutes to preview the results. Not great but workable. When I exported it, the estimated time to complete is showing at 3d13h8m2s. 3 DAYS! That is just unacceptable. Am I doing something wrong? This is just one example. I have never been able to export anything, no matter what I try to do to a file. The other day I was trying a different setting and it reported almost 24 hours and it never completed overnight. It just stopped. Please help me understand how this software is useful because I see no benefits for my investment. Thanks, David Witherspoon

Sounds like your trying to run it on very old hardware.
Run the benchmark and post it here.

I’m running it on a Dell Latitude 5580 laptop
Intel(R) Core(TM( i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70 GHz
RAM 32.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Pro V 22H2

Is that enough info?

As I thought the hardware you have is very old.
It’s simply not up to the job of running modern day AI software.

2 core cpu
8gb RAM
And no dedicated GPU

Thanks. What would be the minimum hardware requirements that would make this work smoothly?

Intel 10700 / 11700 or above
AMD 5950X / 7950X
32GB RAM
Nvidia 3070 / 4070
AMD 7800XT

Thanks. I’ll check into upgrading my hardware then. Appreciate your help.

Some tips about budget HW:
1 Select motherboard with fastest DDR support which stays in your budget limits whe calculated with CPU/DDR options.
2 Selected motherboard with suport “resizable BARs” feature.
3 If you select RTX30 series card - check if it support “resizable BARs” feature. If not - try to update it with NVIDIA fix utility (search for " NVIDIA Resizable BAR Firmware Update Tool" on their support site)
4 Check your video card has real 16-lanes link established.

If “overclocking” acceptable for you:

• overclock DDR - not CPU
  • if you are using AMD 7950X CPU - underclock it by 5%. This action really about not affects performance, but decrease consumption and heat dissioance significantly.
  • don’t use oveclock on videocard - usually it not provides significant improvement in performancem but make it less stable

Just from my experience on old computers…

1 Like

Thanks for your input. This is helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.