Topaz Video AI v3.3.9

The export preview issue isn’t specific to v3.3.9 so your post is somewhat misleading. I do agree though, that the export preview needs to be fixed.

FYI if you try and export using ProRes you will notice the export preview is a lot better, for whatever reason…

in version 3.3.5 I was able to turn off Preview and set it to ignore Preview and Trim
and starting from version 3.3.6 everything is bad - so try version 3.3.5 and set to ignore Preview

Missleading? Do you want me to write down any single version number where the preview got stuck continously for me? Does it make any sense to refer to older versions at all?

1 Like

My point is that you referenced 3.3.9 specifically, when the problem has been present for all v3 releases since it’s inception. Which makes anyone reading your post think, oh, there’s a new problem in 3.3.9? So yes, misleading.

Okay, just for the completion please mention any single version in detail where it happened before just for the case that nobody might think this is a new issue. Thanks. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s never worked properly. As you know, I’ve already posted about it here, and I’m sure the devs are aware. When it gets fixed, or even can be fixed, is anyone’s guess.

1 Like

Preview works fine when I load the video from my samba NAS and play the preview directly on my LG TV.

There are so many SSD sluishness problems caused by MS Dollar ever lasting patches

Versions from 3.3.6 to 3.3.8 introduced a bug that I could not live with, namely the estimate function in Proteus manual mode did not work. This version seems to have fixed it, thank you.

I also tried the 3 functions for presets, create, delete and update and they work well. I did run into a little inconvenience: I want to create a preset for upscaling to 4k at a fixed 8k bit rate so I select the built-in “Upscale to 4K” then I changed the encoder bit rate from “Auto” to “8k”. Now to create a custom preset, I have to change the preset to “None” first before I can create a new one. I wish that create function (+ icon) is added to all the built-in presets in the future.

1 Like

I thought the preview worked perfectly, but when I trim the clip, the preview doesn’t work.

If you are working with 720p input resolutions and up, and exporting to anything other than ProRes, you will quickly see that export preview is broken.

I’m talking about the in-app export preview, so I’m not sure how you’re running Video AI application on your TV…

I feel like that’s akin to playing it with an external player… like I’m doing. And I also have had no issues with playing previews that way.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate on what exactly you’re doing?

I am unable to save presets in v3.3.9 on Mac.

It’s not convenient. If I need a quick preview, I just open the image file in the preview folder with Irfanview.
pressing the right arrow plays back the video at whatever speed the computer can handle. Normally though, when I want to do heavy detailed comparisons. I process the clip several times with all the variant settings and convert them to H.265 with software encoding. I then open them all in instances of Media player classic and swap between them.

The reason for all this is because I have to use the command line to get the results I want for most of the movies I process.

2 Likes

Thank you. You are right, the export preview is broken, but I wasn’t talking about the export preview. I meant the preview to check before exporting, 1.Edit Trim 2.Press Apply button 3.Press Preview button and I could see the preview. (I am using v3.3.3) The preview does not work in v3.3.9.
I don’t know if this is just me.

1 Like

I am getting an error with this update.
Any idea how to download the older version?

I read your logs. Check that your paths exist and are accessible.

They do exist and are accessible. I read that too. I’ve restored to an earlier version (3.3.5) and it’s working again.

Ok, I would suggest trying renaming your paths, without spaces or special characters in the names if there are any and set them as your preferences in the app.