Topaz Video AI v3.3.3

Hello Everyone!

A new release of Topaz Video AI is now available.

v3.3.3
Released July 4th, 2023

Downloads: Windows | Mac

Changes from v3.3.2

• Adds DPX as import option for Image Sequences.
  • Adds - when export is pressed, an output item will always be added even if there is an error. This should improve batch processing workflows in case of errors.
  • Adds more clear options to export preferences for “live preview” behavior. This replaces the “video export” option. Behavior will not change from your previous setting for this option.
  • Adds detailed tooltips in-app to explain “live preview” options.
  • Adds toggle for “live preview” to export settings to easily turn on/off live preview for exports.
  • Adds error handling when trying to copy TrueHD audio to MP4/MOV container.
  • Fixes “Encoder Profile” option in export preferences not showing your saved option when opening preferences.
  • Fixes “Audio Codec” list in export preferences to be filtered by chosen “Extension” option.
  • Fixes “videoai” metadata tag missing on exported videos.
  • Fixes error copying AAC audio with ADTS headers from M2TS video source.
  • Fixes “back to input” - will always return you to the input video corresponding to the current output video.

Known Issues:

• The output settings of old presets may not be applied. Please modify them if needed
  • Videos with mismatched metadata and streams will display incorrect duration
  • Frame number preview length may shorten on app restart

Submit files here: Dropbox

Please take a look at the Video Roadmap Update for more context on what we’re focusing on right now. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

12 Likes
Topaz Video AI  v3.3.3
System Information
CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K  31.773 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090  22.096 GB
GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770  0.125 GB
Processing Settings
device: 0 vram: 1 instances: 1
Input Resolution: 1920x1080
Benchmark Results
Artemis		1X: 	ERR fps 	2X: 	ERR fps 	4X: 	ERR fps 	
Proteus		1X: 	ERR fps 	2X: 	ERR fps 	4X: 	ERR fps 	
Gaia		1X: 	ERR fps 	2X: 	ERR fps 	4X: 	ERR fps 	
4X Slowmo		Apollo: 	ERR fps 	APFast: 	ERR fps 	Chronos: 	ERR fps 	CHFast: 	ERR fps 	

Hmm… interesting the new benchmark results in this version… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks for the time and effort put into this. There are many detail improvements made. Anyway there are still some elephants in the room that wait to be addressed…

7 Likes

I found a nice clean animation as a challenge for frame interpolation models, and I uploaded it to Dropbox. :slight_smile:

For example, Apollo Fast v2 leaves some square-shaped artifacts:

The best model for this case turned out to be, unsurprisingly, Apollo v8. Though, conversion from 10 fps (constant fps) to 60fps isn’t a trivial thing. :slight_smile:

Weirdly, the second attempt to preview this video with Apollo v8, but this time, with Replace Duplicate Frames at 10, leaves me with this. No conversion/calculation was done, just 8s passed and that’s it:

I’ll upload the logs, especially because next attempt succeeded.

6 Likes

device: 0 - integrated GPU - hmm…

device:0 is the dedicated GPU on my machine… Though I did disable the iGPU in the BIOS. Anyway, the benchmark works fine for me.

Could you DM me with a clear list so I can make sure all of your points are in our development cycle?

Could you share the input file with me? You can securely submit your files(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit File to Dropbox

1 Like

Of course! I uploaded it as “valve_steamdeck_dock_v06 - I’d say this 10fps very clean animation is a nice challenge for frame generation models!.mp4”. I always name the files with the “case” I’ve encountered, so it’s easier for the developers to use them for testing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

For some reason it says Process Error when I begin to interpolate to 4K I use an Intel Arc A770 is there issues with only Arc Cards

I am a bit handicapped atm because my main pc died last saturday and I am left with the tiny laptop and an iGpu atm. I sent back the pc for repair so please be patient. :pensive:

Volevo chiedere se esiste una modalità d’uso per aumentare la velocità di elaborazione dei video che è assolutamente sotto le aspettative. Preciso che ho un PC intel I9 12900 - 32GB RAM geoforce 750 e matherboard ASUS Z690 e Vi chiedo cortesemente di fornire eventuali brevi istruzioni per velocizzare le elaborazioni dei video. Fareste cosa gradita credo a tanti. Spero di sbagliare, purtroppo al momento lo trovo inutilizzabile. Cordiali Saluti Rocco Silvestro (rocco.silvestro@libero.it)

Ah yes, unfortunately, you will need to use v3.1.9. Intel is still looking into this issue and we do not have an update yet.

You have an amazing CPU but an OLD graphics card… Change it for something new and better and then you will have “velocità di elaborazione dei video”
Saluti

thank you for the support and quick response i will try it and let you know if it works

1 Like

weird…

In properties, select ‘device manager’ and check if the adapter is switched on or not.

Potresti eseguire due istanze dell’applicazione o renderizzare due metà del tuo video contemporaneamente attivando il massimo di processi “2” nelle impostazioni. Questo potrebbe velocizzare l’elaborazione!

Avete un tipo di scheda minima da suggerire per avere prestazioni accettabili?
Grazie

Depends on how much money you want to spend but at least an RTX 4070 that will cost around 790€ or if you don’t want to spend so much maybe an RTX 3060Ti that will cost less 300€. Even with an RTX 3060Ti I’m sure you will get at least twice the performance.

You are welcome