Topaz Video AI v3.3.2

Hello Everyone!

A new release of Topaz Video AI is now available.

v3.3.2
Released June 27th, 2023

Downloads: Windows | Mac

Changes from v3.3.1

• Fixes frames missing from end of video when exporting with ProRes.
  • Fixes app sometimes trimming off one frame when exporting full video.
  • Improves playback speed for output
  • Adds ProRes Proxy profile for exports
  • Fixes Iris artifacts on M2
  • Disables audio for image sequence inputs
  • Syncs license with server more often if connected to internet
  • Misc updates

Known Issues:

• The output settings of old presets may not be applied. Please modify them if needed
  • Videos with mismatched metadata and streams will display incorrect duration
  • Frame number preview length may shorten on app restart

Submit files here: Dropbox

Please take a look at the Video Roadmap Update for more context on what we’re focusing on right now. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

11 Likes

You fixed the vertcal lines I’ve always had in Proteus and lately Iris.

Woohoo, Well done

:+1: :+1: :+1:

8 Likes

Any major differences in this version compared to the 3.3.2.0.b beta?

Only what I wrote above about the vertcal lines now no longer there.

Sorry, but what did this vertical lines problem manifest itself as? I haven’t heard about this before, would like to know if I would need to redo stuff if it is a major fix, thanks in advance.

Uploading: image.png…
In the beta version and today the ProRes HD 422 output settings automatically jump to the
ProRes 422 prosy version.
Urgent solution needed.
Attached ecran photo
Greetings

2 Likes

YUPPI - AWESOME !!! THANKS

Can you also improve the FPS for unstable/variebles FPS in games or film? I have in contact with one of your team, and seems like this is the current limit.

From v3.2.8 to v3.3.1, I got an error when completing the stabilizer calculation and could not proceed to the next encoding stage.
In v3.3.2 there is no error after calculating stabilizer AI.
Proceed to next encoding process.
thanks for the improvement

2 Likes

I am missing in this release the information previously contained in the fileheader (visible using Mediainfo e. g.) and designated at videoai.
For me this info ist very helpful - so please integrate it again in the next release.
Thanks!
Otherwise: Is there any info, when we can expect a working output playback during export (as it was in the vers. 2.x times)? The way as it is implementet actually is not a solution, it is unresonable!
Thanks for any response

Is there a chance to improve frame interpolation in such a situation?
Currently no model can handle it…
04_00044612_apo8

I also noticed Chronos has issues with grid patterns and stripes, Apollo seems to be ok though.

I had issues with grid patterns in apollo if there is a lot of noise. Best I could do to kill some if increase the revert compression and reduce noise some more, which also means I needed to add more original detail which does a great job of bringing back some detail and reducing the more plastic looks, but even then I got some some issues like that.

1 Like

In this case, Apollo also failed.
ApolloFast does slightly better but still fails in a case like this.

2 Likes

Since this recent update, every single video clip I have attempted to do a 4X slow on, Apollo Fast, Pro Res HQ has resulted in either “AI Error” or just craps out and fails. This happens on both my 2019 MacBook and an older Imac. Exact same settings worked prior to update, albeit ridiculously slow.

Heads up!
I had set a custom preset to be the default preset each time I loaded a video.
And that created a bug both in 3.1.1 and 3.1.2.

The video would be loaded,
but there was no image,
no time duration,
no width/height or framerate info either
AND the preset dropdown menu was greyed out so I couldn’t select another preset!

I fixed it by changing the default preset to “none” in the preferences.

Another ApolloFast2 problem as a new object enters the frame.
It creates such large squares.

Can someone explain how I use the ProRes proxy feature? fundamentally?
I am using ProRes files in davinci resolve and was wondering if I can use this feature to speed up editing? I know its a mac/adobe based codec but I assume resolve can also work with the proxy files?
I was going to generate the proxy files in resolve itself but if i can cut out a step somehow that would be great. My understanding was that a proxy file was a separate file which serves as a reference to a larger file…?
cheers!

But, only on Apollo can frame interpolation be done!!! Cronos makes so many mistakes when moving objects that it is absolutely impossible to use.

Question! Why can’t TVAI process MKV/VP9/4k downloaded from YouTube? Constantly gives an error.

1 Like