Topaz Video AI v3.3.10

Hello everyone,

A new release of Topaz Video AI is now available.

v3.3.10
Released August 8th, 2023

Downloads:

Changes from v3.3.9:

• Fixed Color Correction Parameters
  • Fixed Preferences UI Bug
  • Added more Tooltips
  • Improved Logging
  • Improved Recover Original Details Tooltip

Known Issues:

• Videos with mismatched metadata and streams will display incorrect duration
  • Frame number preview length may shorten on app restart
  • Seeking/preview may not work well with DPX inputs

Please upload problem videos and logs here: Submit Files .

10 Likes

Well I just tried to process a video on my Intel Arc A770 and it was an instant Error message. I know its recommended to use 3.1.9 for Intel Cards but it still doesn’t work for me when using custom enhancement settings is there any other solution available. My drivers are up to date beta drivers but it seems Intel isn’t worried about this at all its been months.

My computer crashed 4 time using the new upgrade of Video AI vs 3.3.10
Processor 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
Memory 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Same, My computer would shut down and restart. I thought it was my power supply but according to support it was suppose to be a memory leak issue. Switch to version 3.3.1 and check again.

1 Like
  • I was processing a video file for 3 hours long without any pause and it worked without any issues during this. I also think the colors were closer to the original.

• the preview play/pause button does hardly response.

• the running preview gets stuck again after some time. Sometimes it temporary helps to stop/start the preview again or to move the preiview slider manually a bit.

• I can not resize the size of the file open window, it always fills the whole screen. There is a resize edge marked at the lower right corner but it does not work and the mark disappears when I click on it.

• The application runs very slow when it is not the foreground task no matter if it is actually open on the desktop. Both the cpu and the gpu power draw decreased a lot.

• When I uninstall the old version and fresh install the new version my task bar icon is invalid. When I open video ai with the new desktop icon it opens and it refers to the invalid task bar icon still which can not be deleted as long as the new version is opened referring to it. Closing the new version and clicking onto the task bar icon enables me to delete the invalid alias. Now I can open video ai via its new desktop icon and then attach the icon new to the task bar.

• The auto-play option for the preview in the preferences does not match my needs. When I want to see a preview only to compare parts of the video BEFORE processing I only want to peview ONE frame. Unfortunately this option is not yet available until I turn off auto play in the preferences or with the pause button every preview again. Once I want to start exporting the video I want to play the preview immediately, but there is no sepearte option and I have to fiddle around either with the preferences or with the preview start/pause button all the time.

4 Likes

Thanks for your tip, th vs 3.3.6 Work fine I’ll wait for the next version of 3.3.11 that fix this mayor issue :+1:

2 Likes

Been waiting for this one, thank you for the fix. Colors are more accurate now, at least in the clip i’ve tested so far.

4 Likes

Can also confirm this.

3 Likes

In more testing, I did notice a minor issue with the live preview that does not effect the final file.

I just tested using H265 Main and H265 Main10.
With Main the preview window corrects the green tint after processing is done.
When using Main10 the preview window has the green tint even after processing is done.
Thankfully the green tint is corrected in the actual file with both codecs, so the issue is just the live preview window and Main10. Minor issue, would be nice if this is fixed too.

Edit: Fyi, I tested using GAIA HQ

1 Like

Hi… I have noticed that finally, the colors are better, but the themis problem that turns all blue to purple is still there.

1 Like

Hello, can you elaborate what colors are better? which settings or AI are you reffering to? I never noticed color issue.

Changes from v3.3.9:

• Fixed Color Correction Parameters

Exactly that finally the colors are better, more accurate in comparison with the original file. I explained the color problem of the Themis another two times in precedent topics.

The problem is this, but is not limited to this file. All the files with blue colors turns to purple:

2 Likes

@pursuedemail123 Please try this Alpha build and if it does not work, please post your logs on the Alpha thread. It is possible that this is related to a memory leak we have been tracking, however, it could be a few other things as well.

Hey @Imo these all appear to be user-specific or long-standing issues, is there anything in here that is specific to this release?

Thank you for sharing this, this may be file specific as I could not reproduce this behavior. Could you confirm if this is file specific on your end or not? If it is, please share the file via drop box.

You can securely submit your files(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit File to Dropbox

I’d love an update with export on multiple clips to a specific folder if thats possible? It only lets me specify where the new video can be saved on single clips. Otherwise I love the TOPAZ VIDEO!

I feel like committing to a new release every Tuesday might not be the best idea, as it puts unnecessary pressure on developers. I think it would be a better idea to aim for a new release every month or so instead, with no firm day or date in each month for the release… it’s ready when it’s ready.

A final build release of an alpha or a beta probably shouldn’t happen if there’s a known memory leak.

Just some food for thought.

2 Likes

Got it, thankyou!

I like the weekly updates, they can just leave out/delay features that don’t make it in time for each release

2 Likes

That’s not how it effects the developers. They have tasks that they are working on. If it happens to be complete and ready for deploy before the weekly release, it gets included. If not, they keep working on it like normal. There is the chance that nothing will be ready for deploy in a week, but that hasn’t happened in a long time now.

As a developer (Not with Topaz), I know what I have been working on is working for me on my machine. I would rather know sooner if that’s not the case on other machines than waiting a full month. The nature of TVAI is heavily hardware dependent. So much so that even with all the beta testers, it’s still easy to miss hardware configurations that have issues where others do not.

5 Likes