Topaz Video AI v3.3.0

logsForSupport.tar.gz (829.0 KB)

Log posted

Thanks,
The only reason i specify to 1080 exactly is that if it falls short, eg 960, then the YouTube videos I upload won’t play at 1080.

1 Like

Ah yes, I did wonder about that. I agree that it’s better to do your own upscale than let them do it! But as they recompress it whatever you do, an alternative would be for you to upscale at 4x i.e. 1920p, they’d then downscale it I presume, but would perhaps produce a higher quality end result than even your 1080p version, after their recompression and downscale.

The down side is of course a large increase in processing time and file size so I can see why you do it that way.

1 Like

I get those ripples with Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super. The ripples apparent where there is lots of detail and no action. If I change preference processing option to Intel UHD Graphics 630, there are no ripples.

I tried processing interlaced 720x480 with Iris, but very bad results. For now, have to use progressive material.

EDIT:

Okay, with Iris, I found that I need to upscale the height to at least 250%, to 1200 pixels in height or more. For example, upscale interlaced video from 720x480 to 1600x1200. The results are beautiful. If I scale to only 1920x1080 or lower, there are lots of artifacts. It seems to be the height that matters most. That’s for an Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super.

1 Like

Thanks Dave, I’ll try this method out! I could try a short segment 4x and then maybe compress down to 1080 in Handbrake myself to check the result.

1 Like

the problem is that:
Topaz Video - encodes/enhances every pixel

1280x720 = 921,600 < 1,0fps
1920x1080 = 2,073,600 < 1,0fps
3840x2160 = 8,294,400 < 1,0fps

because of this, the processing speed decreases - therefore, in Topaz Video I encode 1080, then using another software I do an upscale without loss of quality

Here is one of the source videos from youtube that I tried to enhance with Iris. I can upload the second if you send a link to your dropbox. Attached are some screen shots.

Attached are screenshots of the distortion. Admittedly the second and third images are from a very poor quality video but the one from youtube is pretty good in general.

Setting is Iris at auto.
Thanks for looking into it.

2 Likes

try it
1st - 2xUpscale with (default) Proteus and then +2nd enhance with Iris

Really excited about the new release! Just wanted to double-check something. I am on a 5900X, RTX 4080 machine. When I leave the parameters on “Auto” for Proteus and Iris, the processing/rendering time is quite a bit longer than when I set it to “Manual” and estimate using a given frame. I also notice that “Manual” parameters seem to use more of the GPU (as measured by the wattage in GPU-Z). Is this because the “Auto” mode needs to reassess and adjust based on the current frame/scene? The finished product seems to be almost if not completely identical.

1 Like

Iris AI (when used with older analog 480i)
I thought it had a great effect.
Materials after DV/DVCAM are not suitable because they tend to loosen.

It makes no sense to comment only on the last short sentence of the entire post.
Have you been able to read the entire post?

That was the point of my post.
Blending the enlarged and enhanced image and the original lower resolution image is more like “recover original image” and not “recover original detail”.

My current understanding is that it is not just blending the original image into the enhanced image, but it is a high pass filtered (and maybe other adjustments) version of that original image.

2 Likes

Yes, analyzing every frame in Auto (or Relative) is performed on the CPU which is why Auto is slower than manual. And since it takes longer to pass the frame from the CPU to the GPU in Auto, the GPU usage will be lower.

4 Likes

Hello, thanks for respond!
Unfortunately that didn’t help. :frowning:
Do you know maybe where I can find installation file for 3.2.0?

Just try searching in the Topaz Video AI Releases section on the forum …

If you want the actual v3.2.0 version you will need to raise a support request at the main website.

Here:
Topaz Video AI v3.2.0 - Topaz Video AI / Releases - Topaz Community (topazlabs.com)

Generally, your problem is that it can no longer find the file naming a certain number located in a hidden folder in the “C:\Windows\Installer” folder. To do this, you need to have a copy of the setup of the version currently installed to update the new one.

I hope this helps.

I’m well aware of your problem, because personally, I always transfer the file of the same weight to “C:\Windows\Installer” in order to reclaim disk space. As a result, I need to keep a copy of the current setup for the next update. And so on.

A screenshot for you. The difference is big…

Hi… Try to use recover original detail at 100

For default proteus you intend manual proteus with 0 in all parameters or auto proteus?