Topaz Video AI v3.3.0

It’s not an option for motion deblur. It’s only been added as an option to Proteus, Iris and Artemis.

Think of it as a blend filter: At 0 it’s the pure AI output. I doubt that at 100 it’s just the original—that would be pointless—but it’s a much higher blend percentage.

That’s what I’ve always done, keep my upscaling to 2x or 4x. Your computer or TV will do upscaling/downscaling on the fly as necessary to fill the screen when you view it. It can be a bit faster too as there’s less work to be done at 2x.

Having said that, on some material especially 360p or 288p (!), if it looks better I upscale to 4x and obviously, that’s slower than 2x plus a bit. The non-standard resolution doesn’t matter at all in my opinion, if the results are for personal viewing and not professional productions.

1 Like

I have timed that it takes 8 to 9 minutes for Iris to start running on my MacBook Pro. It works fine on Windows though. I have had no issues running it on Windows. It encodes right away. This is am M2 Max MacBook Pro. It’s a bit annoying. I uninstalled Topaz AI, cleaned all the files and reinstalled it to no avail. Everything works well except for Iris. I have some online GPUs running Windows 10 and no issues there when running Iris.

Hi Justin, thanks so much!

Our newer models only support Big Sur and higher and since. you are on Catalina you will be unable to run this model.

Ah - OK. That is a shame. Does this mean that if you update the models, my current version (3.2.7) may stop working? Is there a way to make sure it remains functional with my system?
All the best,
Justin

Hi, I can’t update - even install 3.3.0 version.
I got something like this:
msiexec_Bjz8ouhBDE
And I can’t find anywhere link to donwload TopazVideoAI-3.2.0.msi.
After pressing ok:

You can manually delete:

Delete folder C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI
Delete folder C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI
Use regedit and delete registry key group: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI

Use uninstall from control panel after deleting, it will complain about not being found and should give option to remove shortcut, say yes to that.

Note: your presets are in C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\presets so copy them first if you want to save them.

Reboot and install v3.3.0.

1 Like

I’m very much enjoying the Iris model so far (model updates have been sorely lacking for a long time so it’s nice to finally have something new to work with). However, I’ve run into an issue with interlaced footage. My source file (interlaced VOB 720x480) has 7173 frames, so I would expect the doubled-up output to have 14346. Instead, it has 14362. When I re-encode this output for DVD I end up with 7172 frames. Pretty close to the original but not close enough for the video and audio to sync correctly. This is true whether working with the audio track from the source file or the version output by TVAI.

Interestingly, this frame-count divergence isn’t restricted to interlaced footage. I’d previously tried Iris on a progressive MP4 file and ended up with 6883 frames instead of the original 6885. Audio-video sync wasn’t affected in that case though.

We will be fixing this next week :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile: We are still looking into this at this time. Since v3.0.11 was released quite a while ago it will take us a bit longer to test this on our end.

Hmmm, how odd! @nipun.nath is looking into this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot, your settings and upload the input file for testing?

Can you upload your source file?

Odd, I am not seeing a difference, can you post a side by side screenshot?

Update your OS please, it sounds like this is related to a known issue that Apple addressed with the release of OS 13.4

WOW! YIKES! Can you post your logs from your M2 machine?

No, do not worry about that :slight_smile: This only affects Iris and you can switch to CPU mode to run the model for now. We will fix this in next weeks update (if all goes as planned).

Can you post the input file, the exact repo steps and the exported file? As well as your logs?

Prob3 + Recover Original Detail GPU only works at 25%.
Without ROD close to 100%. (on RTX4090)