Topaz Video AI v3.2.7

Hello everyone!

A new release of Topaz Video AI is now available.

v3.2.7
Released May 23rd, 2023

Downloads: Windows | Mac

Changes from v3.2.6

• Fixed output video preset issue
  • Removed Chronos V1 for M1/M2 Macs
  • Fixed FFMPEG command copy
  • Redownload model is the previous download is corrupted
  • Fixed importing files for some Mac users
  • Processing no longer fails if the cache is deleted on Mac
  • Misc updates

Known Issues

• Videos with mismatched metadata and streams will display incorrect duration
  • Frame number preview length may shorten on app restart

Submit files here: Dropbox

Please take a look at the Video Roadmap Update for more context on what we’re focusing on right now. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

11 Likes

Hi,

Do I have to download and install this because topaz video ai in the app does not show any updates?

Does the check for updates find anything under the account button?

1 Like

Hi,

Thank You. I got the update now within the app itself.

2 Likes

Hello, ever since version 3.2.2 the previews do not have audio, is there a plan to fix this issue. I’ll have to stay on 3.2.1 until this is resolved.

2 Likes

When will you bring back the 4-window preview in the new versions instead of just the side-by-side comparison? I think this option should be brought back to speed up decision-making in long and heavy work, especially with old 35mm films and Betacam copies.
I’m still using v3.2.5.

Video Enhance AI v2.6.4 example

9 Likes

Good morning :slight_smile:

We are exploring different preview modes at this time. We do not have a timeline for this update quite yet!

1 Like

Good morning :slight_smile:

Can you share why you would like to hear audio with a preview when opening in an external player?

The preview gets stuck shortly after the beginning of the processing also in version 3.2.7. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Why did you even touch that part of the code? There was no need, as I told you in the other thread. The preview mode doesn’t work, it is broken, it worked perfectly in version 2.6.4 and I loved to use the multiple model comparison in the preview, you deleted it without any sense. Restore that feature as soon as possible please.

2 Likes

We rebuilt the app, the codebase was not edited but completely rebuilt from the ground up.

1 Like

Also, the preview issue you are having is not normal and is not experienced by many other users which is why I invited you to join me for a screen share.

Can you share a screen recording with me?

1 Like

Here is a screenshot. Look where the progress bar is and where the preview is. I have not moved the preview slider myself. It is where it went stuck shortly after the processing begun. :eyes:

2 Likes

Preview frames on left and right are still not the same frame, it is 1-2 frames further forward making a side-by-side a little off. This has resulted in a totally different scene on the left compared to the one on the right by a few frames, which is kinda comical.

4 Likes

If the application was completely rebuilt from the ground up, then why version 3 and not version 1? In my view, it’s not even a version 1, but a prerelease beta. This forum is filled with people having problems, because of software limitations and/or bugs. I’d gladly pay to upgrade, when I see fewer people in this forum experiencing application problems to a majority of people sharing ideas to make their videos look even better.

2 Likes

Thank you, can you share a screen recording instead of a screenshot? Oftentimes it is easiest to share a screen recording for issues like this to quickly show me exactly what is happening. I use Loom for screen recordings since this is a free and easy to use app.

1 Like

Yes, this is a known issue and we are working on many big updates to the video player :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good question :slight_smile: In many ways it can be seen as version 1, however, it is still the same app as far as the purpose. We release a new update each week and while there are bugs in some releases, these bugs and issues seldom affect all users. We update the app each week to address these issues in a timely manner.

If you have not used this build, I would recommend trying it for yourself and then deciding whether or not you wish to purchase an upgrade license. Our team is always available to assist you if you have questions or if you do run into any issues.

1 Like