Topaz Video AI v3.2.3

Mac mini M2 base user…updated to 3.2.3 …it opens, but doesn’t let me input any video.Help Topaz !

@simon.scott-3897 @Patrix

Hello,

This is an issue our team is aware of and will be patched soon. For now, a clean install of the 3.2.3 release (from the full .dmg installer) will correct the error.

1 Like

All drives are new gen4 m.2
I mainly up convert 480i dvd to FHD. Only saw 20fps speed increase.

20 fps speed increase is quite a lot in TVAI. That could well be the difference between processing a 20 minute video in 20 minutes and processing it in 10 minute.

uhhhh

It’s been previously pointed out, but it’s not being fixed.

3 Likes

Can we please see all your Proteus slider settings? Thanks.

Same for me, bad update

On Apple Mac Pro M1 Max and cant upload any video files… re-downloaded and still cant.

Please advise

old dvds to HD

I know but I thought it would be more for how much I paid for this card.
Premiere and Neat video are blazing.

Law of diminishing returns may apply here. 4090 looks like it will produce 2 to 3 times faster results than my 3060 ti but some things (e.g. 2x Artemis) are only 1.6 times. Your 3070 may well produce a lower improvement than my 3060 ti as it’s a faster card.

The current cost of 4090 is 3.3 times the cost of 3070 here in the UK, and 4.2 times my 3060 ti. I can’t currently justify that. 4080 or 4070 ti would be more cost effective but their memory is too low, as I also use Stable Diffusion… NVIDIA need to vastly increase their GPU memory!

1 Like

I’m looking for a A4000 here in the UK.
Basically a 3070ti with 16gb :wink:

Sorry. I will show you my settings for Proteus when I do 1280x1024 first.
When I’m done with this pass of proteus, I do a 2nd pass with Artemis medium quality in 1440x1152.

Now here are the settings when I do a one pass scaling with Proteus directly in 1440x1152.
Hopefully this can help you. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Of course :wink:. See my last post below.:smiley:

1 Like

There is no version of Proteus told in the application. The file name seems to tell Proteus V3? Is there the face improvement of the beta V4 included? :eyes:

1 Like

Same issue here on my Mac mini M2 pro, just not possible to load any video file, had to re-install older version again.

Same here

I changed my Proteus settings a bit because in episode 20 of DS9 season 1, there was a weird grid effect in some areas of the image. It was happening mainly when the “recover detail” setting was active. Strangely enough, if I set sharpen to 100% the weird effect on the image doesn’t appear anymore. Therefore, to have a sharp but not too sharp image, you can use this setting there.
See screenshot

Note also that I made a first pass without scaling with the “Artemis Anti-aliasing and moire” model in order to reduce a bit the noise and subtly increase the quality of the video.
Thus, the second final pass is from 720x576 to 1440x1152

1 Like

For the moment, with the current AI, it will be difficult to get a better result than this one I think.

2 Likes