Topaz Video AI v3.2.2

Welcome Jacob. Hopefully you can figure out how to give faces a natural rather than plastic look. Beyond that it appears you’ve joined a great company.

4 Likes

Welcome to the journey!

Welcome Jacob! Many successes!

audio for previews can be turned on?

Welcome Jacob!

1 Like

I now fully understand the meaning of the first half of the sentence, but can’t see the second half. I don’t think there is any need to come back before v3.3, see you next time.

Hopefully with you the performance and optimisation will be improved for high-end GPUs. :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I mentioned on the Beta for this version, but as it has the same note:

• Fixes preview mismatch for image sequences when framerate is not 25fps

This issue not fixed, just considerably better than it was. If you scroll through the previews you will still see a one frame mismatch occurring - IE:

Or this for a more obvious one:

Just when you play it back fast enough, it disappears.

You also still have the noise issue in Proteus V3 that makes it impossible to easily get a usable result using any version of Topaz V3. Left is Proteus V1, Manual and right is Proteus V3 Manual, same settings. Look at the wall in the middle - that weird artifacting is persistent in V3 and to date still remains one of the main reasons I cannot use Topaz V3 for most upscales.

Now I know from the Beta this model is being worked on, so maybe this will disappear - unfortunately I cannot compare with Proteus V4 as the manual sliders are mostly broken in that version, so i cannot make a direct comparison with same settings.

It looks promising - I know not everyone in the release thread can play with this as its Beta, but for those curious, this is the Proteus V4 Beta on Auto compared to this release Proteus V3 on Auto:

On a different topic, exporting image sequences to the same folder is common - you do a lot of testing, checking and trying again. Unfortunately this version still breaks completely when doing so for the preview, which is a shame as that worked perfectly in Topaz V2 and prior.

And just a reminder:

• Cutting by Frames, and
  • Auto-naming the Image Export (default naming)

Still need implementation or working on.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard jacob! :yum:
Please offer an option to delete all generated previews immediately when a new preview is in process.

2 Likes

Since models keep changing I’ve lost the trick to improve poor-quality VHS videos (as digitised some time ago), does anyone have any suggestions for something to try on 3.2.2? I planned to upscale too (1080p would be nice). What I used to use just made it very soft.

Welcome Jacob

I am seeing colored boxes on some videos.

It depends what you are trying to solve in the video. I usually do prefer to solve one issue at time, for example, noise reduction in one export, then drag and drop the exported file back to topaz, then apply the next filter.

After multiple tests, I noticed that topaz works better in higher resolutions, especially when you have a crap video and you are trying to solve wobbling issues due to the camera sensor cannot deal with light reflections (and you film without PL filter). It happens because in higher resolutions topaz divide more the working area (stitching boxes). I hope some day they will add working area boxes to redo the process in specific areas instead the whole video or frame (like control net or impaint), and a way to ignore people and camera motion (because atm it does a bad job when you need to stabilize and you have one of those).

Also since current AI tends to soften or change things too much when the settings are high. So maybe you can try perform more than one pass in lower settings.

2 Likes

That is normal for US startups US companies do not follow the sucesfull rheinland model they do not understand how in heavens name companies can be sucesfull for more than 150 years

In the US only the guy who started the company can make it sucessfull if he is gone there is just vice presidents infight everyone will be vice president.

Hence I am not sure if apple will continue to be successfull in fifty years they will end like Polaroid and kodak while a Japanese company called fuji can still make profit with analogue photography.

maybe try proteus v4 with motion deblur turned on or off and 75 % proteus deblur, 20 % de-halo, 30-35 % recover details and 1 or 2 % of add noise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I try to make a 4 k 30 fps video 4 k 60 fps I get a 4 k 60 fps video in slow motion with half of the original speed. The slow motion option was turned off. Made two attempts. :eyes: edit: it seems that MPC-HC has play issues where the speed is onproperly and the sound missing. Via VLC the file plays okay!

1 Like

Welcome! I hope you’ll find working on such interesting lineup of software rewarding! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If this is happening in the topaz preview, “is normal”. 3.2.2 should solve some playback issues.
If it is happening in your editing software, you need to check if the audio output is set to be included in the topaz export. And for the slow mo, if your editing software is adjusting automatically to the timeline fps.

i am just speaking about video players: mpc-hc and vlc. not about editing software. :slight_smile:

1 Like