Topaz Video AI v3.2.0

Also what model of GPU do you have? If it’s a Nvidia 20 series there is a known issue with them and a temp fix has been posted in this thread by the devs.

I Have waited 20 mins and nothing has been added to the command prompt from the screenshots, I still have it open in hopes it will update with something.

I have RTX 3080TI with the latest studio driver

Ok well in the meantime you might want to open a support case:

Topaz Labs (an ‘email us’ option should pop up)

You will also want to include the logs: menu → help → logging - > get logs for support

2 Likes

Try to remove all the subtitles from the source file. I’m almost sure the problem you’re having is with the subtitles

1 Like

Thanks. The workaround solved the issues. No more stabilizer crash or black screen output on my system.

I have an RTX3090 and had similar problems with Topaz Video AI downloading the models (I don’t know if the GPU had anything to do with those failures though - it may not be anything to do with that).
Support might give you a .bat file that may be able to download all the models (though it can be slow - eg. lots of hours since there are a lot of ai models).

It’s possible to manually download each .tz file by opening the Video AI log file for the one that failed and searching for the download errors in it - eg. searching for each “Attempt 0 failed” and then copying the URL of the model file that failed into the browser url bar, removing any spaces from the URL then pressing enter to download it manually. But if you need to download lots of files (eg. all the different tile sizes for each model that you want to use) it can be quite a bit of manual work doing that - though each file seems to download quite fast that way - so if you only usually use a few models it might be worth doing it that way.

1 Like

This version does not work with A770. When i try to open Topaz, I get “Failed to initialize graphics backend for D3D11” error. Also sometimes I can open Topaz but I can’t process video. My GPU driver restarts and sometimes I get BSOD (Video Memory Management Internal).

Done it 5hrs ago, hope they can find out the issue :slight_smile: I appreciate your help

1 Like

Hello again everyone,

We have pushed a serverside change that should resolve the issue with Nvidia 20-series cards. If you’re still having the issue - and haven’t already tried the JSON file workaround - please delete your model files and allow them to redownload to receive the fix.

If you are still having issues after a redownload, or are having issues with the JSON workaround applied, please contact our support team.

2 Likes

Funny you say that, I tried it, downloaded without an issue, I then moved the file over to the models folder, opened Video AI, selected the video with the output, hit export and comes up with a new error, says command error or command failed. Haha

It is now trying to download the very model I have moved into the model folder, sticks on downloading for awhile then says model loaded, few mins later changes back to downloading model lol.

1 Like

That isn’t the problem as I have tried it with another video which was recorded from a camcorder with no subtitles, even tried different resolutions, 720p/1080p etc, tried most models and result is the same, can’t change frame rate or upscale, same error on all file sources with any model I pick.

It might be trying to download a different tile size, so there might be multiple model failures saying “Critical Attempt 0 failed for…” for the same model (eg. one at 1088x1056 res, one at 1152x704 res etc. or something else different about the file name). So if you were downloading it manually you might need to find all the “attempt 0 failed” ones it shows in the log file, saving them into the models folder. Or leave the bat file (that they may send you) running for a long time to hopefully get the models you need.

So it might have failed on some of the tile sizes then found the one that did exist then said “model loaded” for that, but it still may be better to download all the ones it failed on (and doing that will be faster next time you use that model, maybe depending on the resolution that you need).

1 Like

Your right, I tried testing a few manual downloads but keep getting this same error, I think I’ll be doing it all night to download the right one out of all the ones showing in the log files.

I’ll do what you suggested and wait until support team send me a bat file or a fix, I tried using previous versions which worked fine before upgrading to 3.2.0, so I cant even downgrade until the problem is fixed as any version no longer works on my main computer or my laptop lol.
Desktop Screenshot 2023.04.06 - 23.55.13.67

1 Like

You could also try uninstalling and completely deleting all traces of the software and then reinstalling.

Uninstall through control panel first, then delete the folder C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI

Then use regedit and delete the “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI” entry.

Then reinstall and test.

2 Likes

Done, should I restart my computer before reinstalling? Or would that not matter?

You shouldn’t have to restart.

Still didn’t work :frowning:

Well that sucks. I’m all out of ideas, hopefully support can figure it out for ya.

1 Like

Strange indeed… :thinking: What about trying this… :point_right: "Secret function" download all models .)

Reinstalled version 3,2,0. But I noticed that Apollo cannot increase fps in 4K video, although it increases it in 1080p.