Topaz Video AI v3.1.7

The motion de-blur option is a great help to improve the image quality, but I have the feel that it should not be applied that much on very fast motions because that just does not look good. There might be some sort of a threshold when the improvement turns to a degration of quality instead.

1 Like

I actually like this version, where you can actually SEE a small clip so you can judge other frames, motions, etc
 but I could totally see having a “IMAGE PREVIEW” and a “CLIP PREVIEW” so there is both. I know when I am doing proteus fine tuning the clip is necessary 100%, but if I was just trying to find the best model to use for preliminary or something, the quick frame image was superior.

Mind you, the clip preview is pretty broken right now, as per my previous post in 3.1.6 thread, but nessesary.

2 Likes

can anybody tell me which doesn’t lose as much of detail when upgrading 30fps to 60 Chronos or apollo

Try Chronos (Not Fast). If that produces artifacts, try Apollo. Chronos processes much faster than Apollo.

Hi - can you please send me your log files from Help > Logging > Gather Logs for Support? Thank you!

Hi Andrew - if you could also send me your log files from Help > Logging > Gather Logs for Support. Thanks!

i work with shows from 70s so looking to keep as much detail as i can i just did what’s happening and it took only 5min using chro fast no artifacts i can see

1 Like

Any plans on adding support for AMD AI cores in RDNA3?

2 Likes

logsForSupport.tar.zip (27.4 KB)

Here you go.
P.S.
It seems that forum does not allow to upload .gz files, so I zipped them. Consider allowing .gz files or zip the logs.

Although Apollo is not the best, there is no other option. Chronos and Chronos Fast when converting high-quality HD and UHD video to 60fps, if the camera is moving in the frame, give unacceptable errors in the video. If in the frame there are trees, rocks, windows, nets, there will definitely be an unpleasant flicker.

thanks for the info would more updates be able to keep more detail

OK, here is an example
2023-03-01-16-54-40-Main.tzlog (66.0 KB)

I have yet to see what petrovichsergey10’s talking about. Here’s a little test clip I made on all the interpolation models. It was with Apollo 5, we just got 7, but I don’t see any issues with it and it’s full of trees. Maybe it happens more in UHD.

1 Like

I just tested 3.1.7 frankly the export of video encoding is slower with Proteus , than the previous version, why? I have an RTX 3090, and with 3.1.4 and 3.1.6 it’s faster, 3.1.7 very slow.
The bĂȘta version 3.1.7.1.b is very fast encoding. Not really 3.1.7 :confused:

1 Like

With the conversion of high-quality video up to 60 or 120fps, Apollo does well. And Cronos has flaws. I wrote to support. They replied that they knew about this Cronos problem

I compared the results. Left for myself:

1. 4k to 120/60fps - Apollo.
  2. 1080p to 4k120/60fps - Apollo+Artemis Hight

Just adding a bug. On the UI if you set the preview to be 100% it is not 100%. It is closer to 150% or so in size. Not sure if you can correct that or not, but the previews (at least on lower resolutions like 480p) seem to be larger than actual output. This was tested on single view, split view and side-by-side view. Ideally it would be nice if you can give us back the mouse scroll wheel option where we can even zoom to 50% of original size instead of just ‘fit’ so that we can preview the output and how it may look if downscaled.

Yes, this would be great! Just look at your old software Topaz, it had stuff right from the get go! :stuck_out_tongue:

uhh
 just updated and now my videos won’t even preview. I have an assignment due Friday. How do I revert back to the previous version? I “kept the old files”, so are they already on there? If so how do revert back to them?

1 Like

What is the difference between Apollo and Apollo soft ?