Topaz Video AI v3.1.4

Support for duplicate frames is huge. Thanks so much. I actually emailed you guys about this and I’m surprised it happened so quick. So far it works great.

1 Like

I am now suddenly getting videos getting to 99% and never finishing on this release. Even with just a chronos or apollo 60FPS conversion without upscale. Please look into this.

Regarding the Preview issues I have the feel that it depends on the output I choose. It seems not to work properly with h.264 and h.264 but with ProRes for couriosity. But even then it might hang and repeat at some point in the mid of the video. :eyes:

Encoder error. No capable devices found.
How do I deal with this? I set the encoder to H265 Main (NVIDIA) and chose mkv as the container for lower size files. mp4 works OK though.
mkv was working in other versions.

1 Like

Yeh. My 3090 is drawing 240-260W

it also crashes in my Mac Pro 2019, no matter what, after 5 minutes it crashes the whole computer.

When I stress test my GPU, I can get as high as

Wonder why my 4080 isn’t able to leverage the power of Topaz Video AI

rbfx4x, when you’re exporting, what % of your GPU is being leveraged? Mine is around 14% (but that’s probably showing GPU is barely being utilized).

Also, anyone see this, duplicate GPU (I only have one 4080)…

The trial isn’t time limited.

It watermarks (Very Large) the processed video.

Like night and day. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How does the ‘duplicate frames’ feature work? Hope you understand…. I’m pretty new to this! :grinning:

Duplicate frames can cause unsmooth motion. The reasons for having duplicate frames in your video file can vary. A lot of people won’t work with any videos with duplicate frames. But if your video does have them, now Topaz will remove them and replace with the in-between frame that should be there, keeping motion smooth. So before, for example if you have 25fps that has duplicate frames, and you upscaled to 50fps, the duplicate frames would get exacerbated. Now everything is smooth.

4 Likes

I have an Apple Studio M1 Ultra Studio PC, and my long video’s get slower, and slower as the conversion takes place. I have to chop into multiple sections. Memory leaks?

Hi guys :slight_smile: I’m having a problem that’s been happening for a while now (in many different updates): Topaz Video AI generates some “undeletable” files when exporting to ProRes, or at the very least generates files that take a veeeery long time to respond to a delete attempt. I’m now stuck with a file that’s over 300 GB and I can’t delete it :frowning:

Performance on my Macbook Pro M1 Pro is very slow, also loading models (even on fast Gb LAN) takes longer than before;
I still have the impression that the M1 Pro is not fully supported.

Yes, would like to see that too

Installed 3.1.4 and its stuck on model loaded screen.
Uninstalled and reinstalled still not working.
Any ideas ?

On the duplicate frames replacement feature, yes that’s all true and in some situations it will be helpful - with dropped frames for example where a (usually old) video camera or screen capture software can’t keep up - this used to happen a lot, not as much these days though. In these cases, there may be missing frames that are replaced by a duplicate of the previous one, to maintain the required fps.

It should also help with frame rate conversions from say 24 or 25 fps to 29.97 or 30 fps, which was often done in the past by adding some duplicate frames. They can now hopefully be converted back to the original fps in TVAI and should play more smoothly. Similarly, video converted to a higher frame rate by duplicating frames (pointless really) can now have the dups replaced and will be properly high frame rate, or can be slowed down effectively.

Where I suspect it won’t help is with frame rate conversions from say 29.97 or 30 fps to 24 or 25 fps. There’s really no need at all for people to do this, they should just leave it at the original frame rate but some do, or make mistakes, and it leads to every 5th. or 6th. frame being deleted and introduces slight jerkiness visible in rapid movement. There are no dups. When those videos are slowed down in e.g. TVAI, the jerkiness will either be more visible or will show up as changes in the speed of movement. I hope that too can be addressed one day.

All the above is what I hope is the case - I still need to test it though.

Thank you for this.

There are 100 different reasons why duplicate frames occur. Those duplicate frames can cause problems with things you want to do in Topaz, such as upscaling frame rate and slow motion. But they also make video less smooth. Before this update, the only way I knew of to remove them was with an After Effects plugin. Duplicate frames might not be a big issue for everyone, but for a lot of the stuff I work on, it is, and I’m quite pleased with the update.

1 Like

Once I unchecked replace duplicate frames it worked.
What does this replace duplicate frames do?