Topaz Video AI v3.1.11

In preferences. Like so:

Same. The settings sliders reset to zero immediately upon clicking the preview button and the settings that were set are not used. Theia is the model I use most, so currently the software is basically unusable for me. Is there a way to revert to the previous version? I canā€™t find a place to download the previous installer.

Thanks, with my SSD now I have 85GB free space, i have try to upscale from 480 to 4k and I also set temp folder on setting in different drive for having more space for them and now its work perfect. Thanks!

Thanks for ur help, I have fixed

3.1.11 is incorrectly stating my license needs to be renewed and is now watermarking my videos. My license doesnt expire until 2024

You can find all the versions here: Releases - Topaz Community

1 Like

You might need to log in again.

3.1.11 shows the same preview behavior as the versions before: Sometimes the preview does not follow the processing. The processing at some point goes twice that fast as the preview play so that the preview falls back more and more over time.

4 Likes

Only difference between PNG and TIFF are the bit depths in VAI, in terms of quality. TIFF and PNG are both lossless formats, but for some reason Topaz only calls out TIFF being a lossless format. PNG has a lossless compression, tiff effectively doesnt have compression.

did that, no dice

Itā€™s not broken at all.

Because 1440 x 1080 cannot be upscaled to 3840 x 2160 unless you crop the video.

Simple maths :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed a problem that seems to occur with my RTX 3070. I have only had this problem with the current version of the software. I used the recent Alpha to do the same but it seems fine.

I tried doubling fps to 50, along with Frame Interpolation on Apollo, along with Motion Blur. I also disabled the check for duplicate frames.
On some occasions, my PC has rebooted before completion, and on 3 other occasions, my entire screen just goes black.

Naturally, I have all the latest drivers installed, but Iā€™m not entirely sure if the problem is with my GPU or Video AI?

I suppose itā€™s solely video card power problem.
Usually itā€™s the faulty PSU.

Iā€™ve reinstalled the Drivers so hopefully no issues.

1 Like

For files with custom aspect ratio, and for 3:4, you need to select Upscale x 2 (x 4)

1 Like

Iā€™ve been finding that when using the stabilizer VEAI has a very unusual problem with faster movements (example playing piano or quickly moving arms up and down). For some reason these movements are completely blurred out and in some cases eliminated ie the fingers or arms vanish from the video for a few milliseconds.

Iā€™ve been using it for SD films so not sure if the same problem exists for HD.

Beyond that the stabilizer is far better than last yearā€™s version.

Also I would like to see the scroll bar on the right side widened a bit. Itā€™s difficult to grab it with the mouse.

I would like to see more development costs related to the core.
GUI problems and usability can be handled by using the CLI or other software, but there is no other way to handle VEAI filters.
It is not right that the updating of the AI models (Proteus, Althemis, Gaia), which are the basis of VEAI, has stopped for more than a year.

4 Likes

False.
Hypothetical example: Let us say there are three developers working on TVAI. Two on the FFMPEG filters and one on the GUI. One is working on adding ā€˜Cut by frameā€™ logic to ffmpeg, one is working on GUI improvements. And for this example, I just want to make it clear that there is another developer that is doing work on something else. Letā€™s say it takes six months to add the ā€˜Cut by Frameā€™ logic. That whole time, there is work being done on it. In the meantime, all the work done by the other developers, that does not take near as much time, gets released in the weekly updates.
Anyway, I have no idea how the Topaz development team is setup nor how many people are in it. I do know agile development methodologiesā€”and weekly updates can be one of them.

They say in the release notes what was updated. If it doesnā€™t mention anything I care about and updating is inconvenient for me, I skip the update. I know there will be another one in a week.

1 Like

You understand the meaning of this sentence one-sidedly, but it doesnā€™t matter, this is just a suggestion.

Any suggestions for upconverting old Trek episodes (VOY/DS9). I havenā€™t found anything recent. Everything Iā€™ve tried makes old footage significantly worse (blocky, more noise, etc)

Iā€™m having a hard time coming up with anything remotely decent.

1 Like