Topaz Video AI v3.0.11

And yet, 2.6.4 handles it very nicely, while 3.0.11 does not.

Now I have a 10700 that work with all core at 100% @4.58Hz (without overclock with a asus B-460) and have no E-core.
If I upgrade to a 13900 / B-760, AI v3.xx does it also put E-cores to work? Or only P-core? If only P core i can but a 13700 that have same number of P core of 13900.

So P-cores work with AI v3.xx ?

It’s actually spatial chroma noise.

The page file is what was often previously referred to as a swap file. The system relies on it as fast, temporary storage for a number of important system functions. Making it too small or restricting its ability to grow can and will cause issues.

Do not delete. If you should choose to make it a fixed size and static, It should be at least the size of your system’s physical RAM and should be defragmented, especially if it lives on a mechanical drive.

Frankly, I recommend just taking the system-suggested size and making the maximum higher.

1 Like

You won’t notice any difference in performance based on those 2 CPUs. Video AI is 95% dependant on the GPU.

Developers, please try to add these features to the program so as to make it even better:

TVAI 3.x - CRF/CQP conversion + AUDIO track quality and selection

Guys, if these are things that interest you as they do me, I ask you to vote on the request so that it stands out and is noticed by the developers in an even better way.

Not according to the test graphs from Puget Systems that keep getting shared on this forum. On the same GPU, the 13900 ran much faster.

Actually, none of the answers here are entirely/technically accurate…
The VOB is in whatever frame rate the material was originally made in…the DVD player converts it for your TV. Ever wonder why you can watch an imported DVD of a foreign TV show (if it’s region free)? That’s why. Your DVD player is also a standards converter.
VOB files can be encoded in any one of several different standard frame rates ( 23.976p, 24p, 25i, 29.97i, 30p, 50p, 59.94p, or 60p). The VOB files use flags that identify scanning type, field order and field repeating pattern. Such flags can be added in the video stream metadata by the H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2 encoder.[12][13] A DVD player uses these flags to convert progressive content into interlaced video in real time during playback, producing a signal suitable for interlaced TV sets. These flags also allow reproducing progressive content at their original, non-interlaced format when used with compatible DVD players and progressive-scan television sets.[14][15] How does the DVD player know what your TV can do? The HDMI cable allows the hardware to communicate (handshake) with each other…it’s not just for video/audio!

2 Likes

So, I just tried to use this version after giving up and reverting back to v2.6.4 for a while. It STILL sucks. It just stopped processing frames (9 hours of progress) into a 17-hour render (really? 17 hours?). Anyway…nothing happened…no error message…nothing. Just a remaining time indicator that was no longer moving. I quit the app at about 12 hours.
Can Topaz PLEASE just deprecate this app until it is actually ready?! If this was a beta test release, I wouldn’t be so annoyed. :roll_eyes:
I dropped the log file in the dropbox…

1 Like

Use the dropbox link that’s in the first post.
Thanks for the VOB info, by the way!

1 Like

I see the colour-shift-problem is back…

I’m certain that no matter what GPU you’re using, a big piece of TVAI runs on the CPU. It uses various components of the GPUs to perform some of the AI work and the actual rendering. (Whether it does some or all of this in the GPU depends on its capabilities.)

That is probably due to how much the application needs to make use of it. - Remember that TVAI 3.x was rewritten from the ground up and the application may use system resources differently.

I’d like to see the data to back that statement up. I upgraded from an Intel 6700K to an AMD 7950x and saw maybe a 5% difference. If the GPU is old (I have a RTX 1070) the CPU basically doesn’t matter.

Much faster than what? They aren’t comparing any generational Intel CPUs to each other. I would bet that a 10th gen and 13th gen Intel would be within 5% or less of each other.

Also, it depends on what model is being used. Some use the CPU more than others.

Yeah I noticed that too. There was a benchmark I saw a while ago that looked at PCIe generation differences in gaming then in production workloads. Gaming, there was no difference, but in production work, gen 4 was faster than gen 3. I couldn’t find it again when I wanted to refer to it later though.
Because of that, I suspect going from a CPU that has a lower PCIe generation to a higher one will gain you some speed in TVAI.

My upgrade from 6700K to 7950x was a complete disappointment - almost no noticeable difference, but my GPU is old so I guess you only get the improvements if you have a good GPU too.

Hello, first post here.

I am working on a studio project for a Blu-ray release. 3.0.11 is completely broken on my system. I am doing this all in rounds per each shot. So, I am trying to stabilize and it gives me an image of grids. I was able to get one shot done in 3.0.10 before upgrading it.

Because it did this fine in 3.0.10:

Tech support in the email told me to set it from “Full Frame” to “Auto Crop”. Auto Crop just makes the program do nothing. It says it’s done in 7 minutes or so and there’s nothing in the output folders.

So, I tried “Full Frame” again and I got this:

I had even went back to a previous video I did on a movie I shot and I even posted the output on Youtube. That same clip gives me the same grids. So, how did it work on 3.0.5 and I am able to post a clip of the output on YT, but, 3.0.11, it’s not working either?

This is very frustrating as I have now wasted two days and nothing is working.

Actually, the GPU doesn’t run application code. The CPU does that. The TVAI application runs as an application written in program code appropriate for that machine’s OS, (Windows or Mac,)

If TVAI needs to use the use the GPU for any kind of processing, it does so by using the drivers appropriate for that device. Bottom line: The GPU doesn’t do all the work. TVAI uses the CPU for the application itself. It uses the capabilities of the GPU for creating images and leverages any additional capabilities the GPU may provide, such as augmenting AI and decoding/encoding video.

They still have a few bugs in this beta. After reading some of the other comments in this thread, I’m surprised you got as far as you did.

I’m still playing catch-up after all the original TVAI 3.x betas.