Topaz Video AI v3.0.0

Yes, it works with 2.6.4 but not with 3.0.0

I see this too and the tvai and prob3 files are not identical, they are the same size but don’t have the same content (they look similar visually).

this is normal ! 3.0 is just out, speed optimisation has not been done yet, if there are speed issue with nvidia, devs must work with them etc … profil from Geforce experience will not be available to 3.0 before some moment ! these profiles are done by Nvidia.

Hello, yes the previous version worked well.
The first few seconds are shown but then the preview stops, while the time estimator shows it is working.

It also does not store the previous settings automatically.

Otherwise great work.

Why would the program revert the default preset to ‘none’ when you restart, this is something in preferences, nothing else in preferences reverts to nothing when you restart the program, that makes no sense at all.
If you specify a default preset it should stay until you specify & different 1 surely. And anyway, when I restart the program, the default preset is what I set it to (not ‘none’) unless I add or change ANY preset so what you are saying cannot be correct.

1 Like

Question for advanced users only: Are the json files in version 3.0 user-editable in order to expand functionality?

In versions 2.3 and before, json files could be adjusted to user advantage. For example, I could adjust Dione DV and TV to work on progressive videos without doubling frames. I could also create new json files with which I could access older AI models from Topaz servers (i.e., I had all Artemis models from v5 to v12 selectable in the UI).

I have tried editing json files in TVAI v 3.0 without success, and am wondering if anyone else has had any luck.

Is anyone getting their fastest speeds on the GPU-only processor setting? If so, what GPU/CPU do you have?

Mine is half the speed (half the fps) on GPU-only compared to Auto (3060ti/Ryzen 7 5800x).

How big is the speed advantage? Did you test that?

there is no speed adventage.

it’s for the rooky user. it’s just set a software to what they call the best optimised setting, but usualy people know them already, there is only Vram to adjust in video Ai and the cpu/gpu.

they do it for games too, and rarely i follow what the optimisation does. it’s depend of people and the gear you have. but it can be a good start.

1 Like

Specs:

5950x and RTX 3080.

Settings:

• 1080p 23.976 FPS → 4K
  • Progressive
  • Auto-Proteus
  • H265 10

I’m getting 1.6 FPS, idk if this is right… but it seems excessively slow for a 2 minute video…

You should be able to use the nvinfer.dll installed with the actual application just fine. You might be able to get away with one from the latest version of TensorRT, but the TRT models are extremely version-specific, so it’d be best to use the one shipped with the app.

Sorry about it being missing! An updated redistributable download with the missing file will be uploaded shortly

2 Likes

@ida.topazlabs
Michael,
If you need to do more than close the VEAI application to delete those files, then something needs to be fixed in the Mac version. Closing the application should release them. - There is only one exception I know of. In Windows, having the file or folder open in two or more file browser windows can sometimes prevent deletion.

In any case, I don’t think it should be necessary to reboot.

2.3 was the last version that users could edit json files.

That was removed in all subsequent versions. If you see json files anywhere in a version after 2.3, they are vestigial and don’t do anything.

A big loss for users, so much so that there are users who haven’t moved beyond 2.3.

Editable json files were said to be coming back by a developer who left, so we will likely never see this ability again.

4 Likes

Just started trying out this new version. Having repeated GUI dropouts when exporting.
Windows 11 all latest updates
Ryzen 5900x
Nvidia RTX 3070
32GB DDR4 3200 Ram
Seems to work fine for previews and such but after starting a long export then minimizing the GUI and returning later to check on the remaining time the GUI is gone. Icon is still in the taskbar and the program is still running in Task Manager. It will finish the export but the GUI never returns. reboot and running repair from the install package does not fix it. Only complete reinstall will bring back the GUI until the next time.

Thats because someone made the window transparent and your clicking the window behind it, which is the load video for your project… its basically a very jr. error. so many bugs, so many issues stack up in version 3.0 its frustrating. regret installing it. I had had 7hours of video I wanted to process with stabilize and it failed on 3 of the 4 files. VERY frustrating version, not something they should have let out of the beta (and Iam reading people in the beta pointed out many of these issues and they still released this 3.0 version anyway).

I am so disappointed now, and I will have to go back to 2.64 if they cant get a decent update out for 3.0

2 Likes

It would be really nice if you could at least use the CPU for soemthings in addition to the GPU; not sure how you would slice up that work but there must be a way to something with that CPU while the GPU does some work; and maybe if you have like 10 tasks, it will take the smallest of the 10 and use the GPU automatics for it if it thinks it can finish around the same time as the GPU running the other 9 tasks…

or break the task into a bunch of 5 min chunks, and have the GPU handle some chucks of work and they can stick the video back together as one file at the end - what ever it is, something can be done with that spare CPU time…

It’s definitely an amateur production now.

1 Like

A new version is now available.

@detective.masterclas @stever.robbins You can use the Start & End Trim Position buttons in the Edit menu to select the start and end using the playhead.

Hi! For certain models, there are multiple models that get downloaded and so there are multiple downloading/loading messages.