Topaz Video AI 4.0?

I agree with neptunepic. Some kind of update so we won’t be here waiting for it. Atleast an estimate if its coming in few hours or it’ll be longer than a day.

The lack of a clearly defined release time or date for each time zone has clearly contributed to growing impatience for people. However It is also worth noting that software releases, including video games, are rarely free from bugs upon release. This characteristic is the same across the industry, making it quite normal.

If software companies waited for a bug free experience they could only provide a couple of releases a year rather then improving the overall functionality of the product every couple weeks allowing them to bring more users in on a weekly basis.

I don’t think most people understand this, A rarely changing product is not a product you can market.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We’re still here finishing up for the release. Still on for tonight! (currently around 9pm for us).

Thanks for your patience!

5 Likes

Thanks. Can’t wait to use it. Now I can make myself popcorn and wait. lol

3:46 AM here. Still ready for more tests if needed. :blush:

I’m a product manager in software. This release should have been done and baked last week at the latest. Both the marketing and product teams have really screwed the pooch on this one.

1 Like

For some softwares sure, It depends on the style of project management and what outcome you hope to achieve. As with other releases TopazLabs usually provides the release with a section for known bugs and given they do release it tonight as per their timezone they have not really lied or been untruthful about anything.

Its hard to criticize if you have little that was promised… All users knew was October 17th that is not something you can take at face value with no timezone or specific changes specified.

3 Likes

Damn… have they ever done anything like this before?

You can blame me if I turn out to be wrong, but there is no risk. If you install TVAI 3.5.4 and enter your license credentials, it should give you access to the full version. When TVAI 4 gets released, you will have the same experience updating it as the rest of the people who are updating.

3 Likes

Preorders shouldn’t be able to activate anything before 4.0.
That’s the issue - from my understanding we’d just be running a trial with watermarks and all.
Existing customers looking to upgrade are having a different experience than those of us that paid up front for the release today, got an email that it was released and now are trying to figure out what’s up.
Software slips. That happens. But communications on this has been terrible and that’s most of the problem here.

1 Like

For point releases, sure, but this is a major version upgrade with a marketing promotion. The outcome should have been that the release was available during working hours so that preorder customers would have it available at work. The practice that they always release buggy software actually makes this worse. There builds must be so bad they can’t pass regression QA.

You’re criticizing them for something they never stated or promised thats like a video game being critized for not having a certain game mode no one ever talked about it having upon release.

“The release was available during working hours so that preorder customers would have it available at work.” - It was never marketed to meet this assumed outcome.

I can understand impatience for users but you need to backup criticism with some form of implied expectation by the company.

1 Like

Did Topaz tell you that, or you logically came to that conclusion?
I’m only saying that because I paid for VEAI 2, but also am able to install and use VEAI 1… I suppose I never tried to run it. So maybe it would only be a trial version?

I activated mine. Can’t wait anymore, they sent the email saying “here you are, download your Pre-order” … I download then activate, then Voila! it’s 3.5.4 … how come it’s my mistake?

fdfdfdfdfdfd

Topaz said that. Pre Orders were told specifically that there was no license before 4.0 included with the pre-order. If the WERE going to allow that (which it seems from the comment from salem as I type this) then they should have said that two weeks ago when they took the money. Allowing it now seems like a panic move to cover problems getting 4.0 out.

1 Like

I don’t see it being your mistake. It IS a change from what they said before. I didn’t try back when I did pre-order, so I don’t know if this is an attempt to cover the problems getting 4.0 out or just a licensing hole they were hoping people wouldn’t try.
Either way, it’s a bit late for me to install that version, get it set up just to change to the version I purchased supposedly in less than 3 hours. I can understand why you would go through it from your earlier comment about having a deliverable looming.

Last I see 34 minutes ago on this thread from Topaz is

" Hi everyone,

We’re still here finishing up for the release. Still on for tonight! (currently around 9pm for us).

Thanks for your patience! "

So it hasn’t been released yet, probably last minute bugs everyone take a deep breath.

2 Likes

You can see my reply here, with the emails.

Same here, the two without an attachment and one with.

He just answered me, it won’t affect my pre-order. So I shall catch my delivery on time hopefully!

wish you all the best!