Topaz Video AI 4.0?

Yes, I agree that testing new software is fun for beta testers.

However, every time a new version is released, the forum is flooded with complaint posts. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

People who pre-ordered version 4 cannot use any version as we wonā€™t be able to activate it. So if version 4 doesnā€™t come out, we canā€™t use the product at all. That is why.

Lets fix our old toys rather than spray painting all over old rusty ones.

What is 4.0 supposed to ā€œfixā€? I havenā€™t seen an acknowledgement of many of the current issues let alone a promise to fix any of them.

2 Likes

Eager to start ranting and flaming the devs no doubt!

4 Likes

Feeling let down 4.0 is not out yet was excited to try it out today but nah still waiting wonā€™t be surprised if it comes out a few minutes before midnight. Im in the EST time zone

The number of issues that remain unaddressed in 3.x is worrisome. If they are being ignored, thatā€™s a problem. If some of the code is being rewritten to address them in 4.x, a statement to that effect would be good. Right now the product gives the appearance that engineering and quality control have taken a back seat to marketing.

5 Likes

@alan.burns Agreed. I assume they have to do these marketing strategies to try and grow their brand. Not too worried about it, since thankfully they didnā€™t lock these few 4.0 features behind some weird paywall. We are just moving forward with our current sub, so no harm no foul, as long as we at least some improvement, even if just marginal. Furthermore, if it gains a few extras subs by marketing angle, that is better for more success for Topazlabs. Time will tell on all this though.

Has there been any comments related to if 3.x stops, and devs are fully committed to 4.x? I assume that is the case, basically 3.5.4 becomes like 2.6.4 tonight, and we are moving forward into the future with the wind whipping through our hair. 5 or 6 more hours of the 17thā€¦letā€™s go!!!

1 Like

My point exactly.

Pre-order here. I got my email about an hour ago saying it was available, but it didnā€™t show on my account. Turns out thereā€™s a specific link in the email to downloadā€¦ but itā€™s 3.5.4?
Not sure whatā€™s going on.

I got an email saying that I can download my Topaz Video Ai 4 Pre-Order, but the download link gives me 3.5.4 versionm, how come? I donā€™t want to install or activate 3.5.4 I am afraid by that I will risk my upgrade extension for the pre-order.

Maybe tbh, but itā€™s a bit unprofessional that they didnā€™t gave an exact time when itā€™s going to be releasedā€¦

In Addition, in my time now itā€™s 18th of October, 4 AM. So ā€¦ still waiting for the release to download and process a video then sleep ā€¦

2 Likes

Someone was saying the 3.5.4 was 4.0.0 on reddit. Not sure if that means the new one is labeled as 3.5.4 for new subs, or not. I may have read it incorrectly. I assume they are just mistaken. I am current subscriber and I open 3.5.4, and it doesnā€™t go to a new version for download. Just going to wait it out till bedtimeā€¦

they are mistaken because the 3.54 is the same old layout so its definitly not 4.0

1 Like

3.5.4 is definitely NOT 4.0, and 4.0 is definitely NOT available for download yet.
Once we pass 12am Eastern, Iā€™d consider this launch announcement a fail.
As someone whoā€™s worked on software launches, itā€™s never a good look to promise something with that level of fanfare, especially when said launch was used as a way to sell more software, and then not deliver on time.
3-ish hours to go before we find out which bucket to put this launch into!

2 Likes

All I can say is: Bless them for not releasing it yet. It must not be ready yet.
Iā€™m pretty sure if you pre-ordered it, you can use the old version with no problems account and version-wise.

2 Likes

I am new customer, I canā€™t use old one because I will risk my extension and upgrade, at the same time I have to wait until they release it ā€¦ I pre-ordered because I thought it will be ready on time so I can catch the meeting which is scheduled after 5 hours and half to present them an upscaled video. which I did using free software while waiting for Topaz to be released just as a back up plan.

They have probably been working over the weekend, and would not be surprised if they were still at it right now.

TBH they should just not release it until itā€™s ready, the people who pre-ordered it can be given licence extensions.

The alternative is release it in a buggy state and incur the wrath of the users (you know thatā€™s going to happen anyway, lol).

3 Likes

I think the lack of communication from the company is the biggest problem here TBH.
If itā€™s not ready, fall on the sword and admit itā€™s not ready.
Give the users waiting a realistic update on the release, and what caused the delays.
Thatā€™s how companies build and maintain trust with customers.
Honesty sells!

1 Like

I think we all get used to it :sweat_smile:
I always feel that version x.0 ==> Alpha, version x.1 ==> Beta,
version x.2 ==> Real release version

3 Likes