Topaz Video AI 4.0?

Will the download be available today as mentioned? I have preordered it and have not seen anything yet.

I would not expect it to be released before 5PM US mountain time.

Iā€™m in Asia and itā€™s almost the end of the 17th, what time will it be available for download?

3 Likes

I canā€™t speak for Topaz, but software development is inherently complex and lots of decisions need to be made with various trade-offs. There are many times where itā€™s cheaper/faster to scrap older code and start from a better place than to put a bunch of resources toward fixing older code.
Think of it like this- If you could build an extra bedroom on to your house for $100K in three months or build a house next door and get better plumbing and wiring and three additional bedrooms for $90K in four months, which would you choose? Depending upon priorities, sometimes it makes better sense to start over on certain things using knowledge gained by the previous swipe.
And sometimes the marketing department blows smoke up customersā€™ asses and engineering has no choice but to go along with it and deliver on promises made without their knowledge.

2 Likes

I donā€™t disagree with that, Iā€™m not a programmer but Iā€™ve designed machines that needed programs written to interface them so working with programmers on projects I know how it goes. Hereā€™s the problem thoughā€¦

Topaz ā€œupgradeā€ license lasts for 1 year and its done. You donā€™t get bugfixes for old versions. So the state of 3.5.3 right now is that alot of things donā€™t work with hardware itā€™s supposed to work with. If your license runs out tomorrow, those problems will never be fixed for you. You essentially will never have the program you thought you were paying for.

As of last week Intel ARC doesnā€™t work on any platform, Topaz does not acknowledge that ARC does not work, in fact they say it does. I had 2 ARC A770s I had to send back because no matter what, Windows or Linuxā€¦I never got a single export to finish. And Thatā€™s actually where I was, my license ran out @ 3.2.x and ARC did not work. I purchased a new license just to find out ARC still doesnā€™t work so I had to buy a new 4070.

Iā€™ve been using Topaz since V2. So far Iā€™m in it for about $450ā€¦thereā€™s more features than when I first purchased, but it actually works less from a hardware standpoint now than it did then.

2 Likes

Probably right, I was just looking at the last reply date since they usually close the threads when they release the next betaā€¦still 6 days in beta for a major release? I havenā€™t really followed 4.0 since I canā€™t use it but 6 days ago it supposedly had ā€œalot of bugsā€

Yes, it is quite far from being ready for release, IMO (as already stated above).

What is going on? Almost end of the day and still no downloadā€¦

Get yours to activate?

How do I activate my pre-order?

1 Like

No problem with activation here. But then Iā€™m an existing customer and not a new preorder-one.

So finally we have the fps counter and remaining time display back (that was missing in the V4 Betas) :+1:

1 Like

Anyone who preordered any success with activation?

Hi everyone!

Video AI v4 is coming later today.

Please avoid posting and installing links to any 4.0.0 builds available on our downloads server for now, these builds are not final and are not recommended for general use.

7 Likes

Good to hear. With this pre-release 4, my dual-GPU setup (2x 3080ti) no longer works.

Has there been any update on when weā€™ll be able to grab 4.0? Iā€™m not getting any notification to update in software (currently on 3.5.4).

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why people are so eager to download the new version.

As always version 0 are usually full of bugs and problems.

Why not just wait a few days or weeks until most of the common bugs are fixed ?

2 Likes

When I purchased pre-order, it was advertised as being available by this date. If release dates are flexible, company should not claim a release date. As a pre-order customer, do I have access to older versions or am I now stuck waiting?

Donā€™t worry, Iā€™m sure Version 4 will be released very soon, possibly within next few hours.

A new software release is fun like Christmas morning for a lot of us. Youā€™re welcome to stick with the toys you got last year, but plenty of us want to play with some new ones even if they donā€™t always work well. And some of us are looking for fixes for specific issues with the current offering.

1 Like