Topaz Studio 2 version 2.0.12 is now available

Firstly Topaz Studio is not, and never has been promoted as, a replacement for any Adobe products. Should you be looking for Photoshop type replacements there are quite a few out there such as Affinty Photo, Paintshop Pro and Gimp, a free pixel editor.

Topaz Studio is a artistic expression studio where you can create works that use your artistic vision. Topaz Studio does not manage your workflow and make minor image adjustments it is focused on creative photo editing only with a range of Stylistic and Creative filters but does have basic image editing tools.

In the case of using Topaz Studio as a plugin there is nothing convoluted about the Accept and Cancel buttons: Accept is the same as Save [back to Photoshop], or other host editors, and Cancel to Cancel editing in Studio and return to Photoshop …

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue from LRCC on my MAC. I am not about to jump though hoops to have my photos load into Studio2. The transfer pic gets created in Lightroom but Topaz Studio2 never opens with the photos to be worked on.
Suggestions ?

I’m using Mac OS 10.14.6 and on a 5k iMac. I had no issues with 2.0.10 or Studio V1.

Good grief… I finally caved and downloaded and installed 2.0.12. The interface with LRCC finally works! Yeah (and thank you) but… Tried to use the “Radiance” filter and got nothing. SO I used the undo function and then it shows up at 100% opacity. Tried to back it down with the slider and it disappeared completely. Used undo again and there it is in full 100% force. Tried masking and absolutely no effect. Used undo and my mask was there. Tried to add to the mask and it all disappears again. Went through this process ad nauseam. Closed out and started over again with the EXACT same result. Same with the presets. Don’t know if it applied to any other filters, but it DOES apply to the “Looks” that use radiance and glow filters. I am amazed at how glitchy this is! Sorry to pile on with the disappointed users but, damn.

Does anyone here use Affinity Photo? Will Studio 2 and other Topaz products work as plug ins for Affinity photo as they do in Photoshop?

I think a number of people do… including Don, one of the moderators. They’ve spoken about using Topaz products as plugins to Affinity Photo Pro in the past, I believe. @AiDon checks posts fairly regularly. Perhaps he’ll be able to answer your question re: which (or all plugin-oriented) Topaz products will do what you’re asking.

The simple answer is yes, within the Affinity framework.

1 Like

I experienced this same problem in stand alone application. I had saved a file as a project then when it was completed I saved it as a TIFF but the thumbnail was elongated in appearance.
However, upon opening the elongated file it was normal.
“Weirder than skaditch”.

Don, Thanks for your answer, but I’m not sure what you mean by “Affinity framework.”

I think that’s a fancy shmancy tech way of saying, “Yes the Topaz plugin products will work as plugins in Affinity”. Some Topaz products are only standalone. They will not work in Affinity as plugins. But Studio 2 and the other Topaz products that can be plugins do work as plugins in Affinity just as they do in Ps.

1 Like

There are limitations as to how plugins work in applications other than PS. As plugins are unique to PS there are certain things that cannot work such as automations, e.g. creating layer copies, and other things such as smart objects.

Thanks Don! Got it!

1 Like

Kudos to topaz tech support for resolving my frustrating issue of not being to access Topaz 2.0.12 from LR Classic (Mac OS). Tech support “Ace” Ashley spent over 1.5 hrs in screen sharing mode pursuing the culprit. Turns out to have been a faulty LR menu link. Hilary Fox deserves also credit for facilitating this process. Thank you Topaz very much

1 Like

Yay! She’s terrific! Has done in past for me too…

While I was able to install this version, 2.0.12, on my MacPro I have not been able to do so on my MacBook Pro. The installation freezes according to the installation log at the installation of the Textures. There is more than enough space on the HD. I am traveling and disappointed that I can not install a part of my workflow. Fortunately, have Studio 1 Beta still installed and can effectively use that. I have submitted a ticket to support just today when it failed for the second time.
Attached is the installation log:Topaz Studio 2 Installation Log.txt (524.1 KB)