Topaz Photo AI v3.1.1 - v3.1.2

I sent you an email to follow up on this.

@marvinreinhart @mikea3 I’d like to get the logs for this. Please open Topaz Photo AI, go to the menu bar on the top and click the Help > Open Log Folder menu option.

You can securely submit your the logs to my Dropbox using the link below.
Dropbox File Request

I have uninstalled 3.1.1 and am in the middle of installing 3.1.0. Honest to God, if you want proof have your testers pass a tiff file from Affinity Photo (2.5.3) to PAI 3.1.1. I know you have things to do but so do I and I wasn’t expecting this to happen. Sorry to be so short but it’s late where I am.

Marvin

1 Like

I have also currently gone back to 3.1.0, but I checked the log files and they have data for both installs and operation for 3.1.0 & 3.1.1, so maybe that will be helpful for you to see what the differences might be. I will send them to you via DropBox in a couple minutes. /Mike

Running via LrC/plug-in extras. Seems to work fine.

Do you have Lr, Ps and PSP all closed while you’re running the installs (and uninstalls)? I’m assuming yes. But thought might be good to check…

Uploaded log files when re-install of 3.1.0 done and tested. Sorry to have been so short. Long day is no excuse.

Marvin

1 Like

No worries Marvin. Just trying to find the cause. I made a task for my team with the logs so we can determine the cause. Adding as known issue.

All the other plugins (LrC, PS, Apple Photos, C1) are working. It looks like 3rd party plugins (Affinity is using the PS plugin file) are affected.

For now I recommend staying on v3.1.0.

1 Like

Sending an image from Capture One is OK. Same problem as the others with Affinity Photo. Windows 11.

Affirmative - but you never know, so you gotta ask. :slight_smile:

Topaz: I will stay on 3.1.0 for the time being since this seems to be a valid issue. Plz send an update when a new release fix is available. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

All fixes are good but we need that floating panel to be docked fully open we are requesting number of times any time frame when it will be fixed?

1 Like

Lingyu, I was unable to find the installation log file anywhere. I can send the usual log files of course which might not help here: logs.zip (295.5 KB)

Photo AI always says “apply recommendations” but never shows any suggestions on any photo. On this photo it would like to make an upscale when clicking onto “apply recommendations”.

1 Like

Look at “Know Issue” above.

Hi
About the known issue where the application is on image analysis in 3rd party plugin - Corel Paintshop 2021 ultimate and 2023 ultimate…

Can confirm there is a bug there. Nothing happens in Analysis image… Program is not working anymore. :frowning:

Anyway…
Is there any timeline for a fix of this critial bug/problem??
Regards Michael

Dear Topaz, your expensive shitware is a joke. Downloaded 3.1.1, firstly it sticks on the “new features” screen, unable to quit that by any method. After a forced shutdown and a reboot I got past that, but now I find it hangs on analysing, and I can’t use most of the buttons. Fortunately the exit buttow works. Recent AMD laptop with Windows 11 up to date. What new bugs will 3.1.2 have?

I am doing screenshares with users to find the cause of the misalignment issue (which is making the new features screen unresponsive)

We are working on a fix right now which we will be releasing today in a few hours.

2 Likes

Hi,
before I install the new release: Is the problem with the Leica Q2 monochrome dng files fixed or are they still appearing in red? Did not find any hint within the patchlogs…
Thanks
Michael

Sounds like they will roll out a fix for this today :eyes:

I can confirm that v3.1.1 gets stuck on analyzing when called from within Affinity Photo 2. It works fine as a standalone. Windows 11 23H2, 32GB ram, Ryzen 7 5800X CPU, RX 5600XT GPU.

If you mean that the 2nd, totally invasive into the image workspace, panel should be able to be permanently (if desired & set such) subsumed into the far right panel, I absolutely agree and many of us have been requesting that for many months.

It needs to do so without disjointed overlays or other weird layout artifacts. We just want it appended to and contained within the righthand panel that (some % of us) don’t want any Suggestions appearing in.

It really is increasingly seeming like a training wheels version and experienced user version split is needed b/c of layout and ops functionality requirements differences. I know others have proposed that in past too.

2 Likes

We just released v3.1.2 which fixes the analyzing image issue for 3rd party plugin applications. Please update and it should be fixed for applications like Affinity, Corel Paintshop Pro, and Photoshop Elements.

4 Likes