Topaz Photo AI v3.1.1 - v3.1.2

Hello!

Update: we released v3.1.2 to hotfix an issue with 3rd party plugins.

Today we have a patch release for Topaz Photo AI with a long list of changes.

A few changes to point out: adding an error and preventing a crash for unsupported Sony ARW files, adding the preview capturer to plugin modes, minor improvements to suggestions, fixing resizing issues with the application window, and fixing batch processing issues .

In addition, we corrected many UI components according to our WonderUI framework and fixed various UI bugs.

You can find the installer links and full changelog below.

v3.1.2
Released July 26th, 2024
Mac: Download
Windows: Download

Changelog

• Fixed application is stuck on image analysis when used as a 3rd party plugin (to Affinity, Corel Paintshop Pro, Photoshop Elements)

v3.1.1
Released July 25th, 2024
Mac: Download
Windows: Download

Changelog

• Added error for unsupported Sony Medium and Small compression files and prevent crash
  • Improve preview when using very high zoom
  • Enable preview capture in plugin modes
  • Add warning for multiple instances of an enhancement not working for recording PS actions
  • Disabled face recovery filter suggestion if face detection is turned off
  • Fix changing auto-selection in preferences changing the selection in suggestions
  • Fix various bugs with processing blocking selection
  • Fixed ghost face appearing when an image is imported after overwriting it
  • Fix AP filters re-added to an image when opening an image where they’ve been removed
  • Fix authenticating un-maximizing app window
  • Fix application window size resetting when minimizing and restoring
  • Prevent spacebar from minimizing application window
  • Fix show in finder/explorer opening incorrect image if same file is exported multiple times
  • Fix a crash from 3.1.0
  • Fix various issues related to “Close images after saving” setting
  • Fix upscale not counting as removed when calculating if modified from AP
  • Fix various batch processing issues
  • Update application header
  • Clicking custom scale now selects the scale text field
  • Fix various issues with status bar in preview
  • Fix some light mode issues
  • Fix spacebar to show original not working after switching AI model
  • Fix right panel menu not closing when clicking the 3-dot menu
  • Fix close menu behavior when hiding enhancement
  • Fix preset order being different in filmstrip vs right menu
  • Minor UI and text formatting improvements
  • Automatic Lensfun Update

Lingyu Kong
Technical Product Manager
Topaz Photo AI

9 Likes

Photo AI shows no suggestions to me. This issue was reported multiple times during the beta period.

1 Like

Same thing. I downloaded 3.1.1 about an hour ago and after it finishes analyzing the image it just sits there with the progress bar spinning and locked up with no suggestions and no “Add Enhancement” button. No way to proceed. I closed and reopened several times and also closed the container programs - all to no avail.

1 Like

Update - opening PAI 3.1.1 as stand-alone, outside of container application and dragging image in is working, but not when opening from inside another application.

Could you take screenshot of that and maybe post link to the same image so I can test it?

Ok, another update. It opens and works in Lightroom and Photo Shop, but it only opens, analyzes and then stops in Corel Paint Shop Pro. Up to this release PAI has worked exactly the same whether in LR, PS or Corel PSP.

:heart:

1 Like

Just hangs on ‘Analyzing image’ ?

That’s correct

Ok ya that would be problematic!

Was working fine 2 hours ago in 3.1.0

Maybe try a clean install ?

Where do I go to reinstall or do I have to go back to 3.1.0 and then back to 3.1.1 again?

Just uninstall PAI, then download the installer from the top of this thread and install it that way.

1 Like

Ok - I’ll let you know the outcome

1 Like

Ok - Uninstalled 3.1.1 - reinstalled 3.1.1 - same issue - still hanging on Analyzing Image. Uninstalled 3.1.1 again - reinstalled 3.1.0 - which is working fine, no issues.

1 Like

THIS IS A BUG:

Calling from AffinityPhoto (2.5.3) never finishes the “Analyzing Image”. Killed it after 2 minutes. This has not been experienced since I began using Photo AI in 2022. For me release 3.1.1 is a very big step backwards. This simply should not be happening after working so nicely for near two years.

Same photo loaded in standalone mode processed as expected.

Mike, I just reported the same thing happening when I call it from Affinity Photo. So, I don’t think it is isolated to your install or specific software you are calling it from.

Peace
Marvin

Have they ever fixed being actually able to batch upscale which was complete borked in v3