Topaz Photo AI v2.3.1

Thanks for the reply!

I don’t use Ps beta. Always interesting to hear what ppl do with it.

Yes, I found it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I seem to be having a few issues with the lens correction thingy.

If I process a RAW file via Lightrooms file/plug-in Extra/PAI… w/Lens correction turned OFF in PAI, it returns a DNG with the original lens correction profile from LR… which is what I would expect…

If I do the same thing except use the Edit In drop down directly from within the image, and send PAI a TIFF file, the returned TIFF file’s lens correction profile from PAI is stripped.

Yay! Glad you found it.

Have a look at this report on the forum where AMD GPUs were having was having issues with Photo AI and the OP downloaded a fix from AMD forums …

Lens corrections are only applied to RAW images so apply them before you pass it. Note this applies to all RAW processors.

That’s good to know!

I’d turned it off in any case in my Prefs. But since I use PAI via Ps it wouldn’t have been relevant in any case (& therefore, IMO, better to have it off to prevent any processing issues).

1 Like

is there a link to the fix? I don’t see one

| AiDon Don Beta Tester
February 8 |

• | - |

Have a look at this report on the forum where AMD GPUs were having was having issues with Photo AI and the OP downloaded a fix from AMD forums …

Click on the blue link in that post above … (not here)

Yes, it’s a completely free AI software. You can use Automatic1111. The interface is rather complicated. I find it rather complicated (it uses SD 1.5, 2.0 and SDXL models) or Fooocus (a more simplified interface, but it only uses SDXL models) or other packages from the Stable Diffision group. Like RuinedFooocus. It looks a bit like basic Fooocus. And uses only SDXL models. There’s also ComfyUI. This one is entirely nodal. Ideal for those who like working with nodes. It uses models from SD 1.5 to SDXL.

For your information, SD 1.5 has resolutions from 512x512 to 768x768 maximum.
For SDXL, it goes up to 1024x1024, but for 4/3 and other formats, it can go up to resolutions of 1152x896. After that, the generated image can be scaled.

To easily install a package, you can use the Stability Matrix launcher.

Here are the packages available in the launcher

You can also create your own templates via one of the 2 packs in this section here

1 Like

Have you tried removing everything to make a clean installation? Afterwards, I saw that you were on MacOS. I’m on Windows. So the problem doesn’t even arise.
Maybe in your case, there are a few obsolete files causing errors. That’s just a hypothesis.

Yes, I removed all files, including those in hidden directories.

I started repairing the access rights and nothing was broken.

Then I reinstalled and checked the newly created files. They were all current.

What else should I do? And then the all-important question: Why does the standalone version run without any problems and when it has been started once, calling it up from Photoshop also works without any problems?

@anthony.lawn @yazi.saradest Creating Camera Profiles Using a Color Checker.Sample uploaded Notice How Camera Profiles are made All using different software.

IMG_0260.DNG (18.0 MB)
IMG_0398.DNG (16.3 MB)
IMG_0399.DNG (22.3 MB)
IMG_0400.DNG (16.6 MB)

Xrite Color Checker Values

Thanks for this info! I’ve got SD installed on my Mac locally, the geeky way (where you get it going via Terminal but use the browser for GUI) but also use the free DiffusionBee app, which was just updated. It is one of MANY apps to easily get one going in SD AI.

AI getting Photo AI’d:

Then artsified:

2 Likes

Thx so much for the details! That helps a lot to know how to navigate it.

I see. Well, in that case, I don’t have a workaround at the moment. Sorry

You’re welcome. I’ve heard of DiffusionBee. But never used it. Note that it would be interesting to have a launcher similar to Windows but for MacOS.

AI photo upscales by AI photo gives a digital painting look.

You’re welcome :smiley:.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve managed to improve your image considerably.
v1
It’s not 100% perfect, but I made 3 passes in Photo AI with 3 different settings. I then imported the 3 images into Photoshop and, using masks, I painted out the areas I wanted to remove and kept only the interesting ones. Next, I imported into “Fooocus AI” (a pack from Stable Diffusion A1111) and opted to do a variation of the photo. Once happy after 4-5 generations, I imported into Photoshop and kept only the original face and chest pattern. As a result, I was able to refine the photo and remove 95° of the image’s artifacts.

Note the quality of the details in the hair

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your problem. If it were me, I would go get the computer if it is accessible and the house seems stable for now. I hope things get better soon.

1 Like