Topaz Photo AI v2.3.1

And, now, with 2.3.2.  They put out a new release without fixing what was wrong with the previous release.  Two badly-broken releases in a row.

What do you mean, specifically?

Does 2.3.2 also have install issues like 2.3.1?

Does 2.3.2 also have a non-working Face Recovery feature?

What?

And, what are your system specs? It doesn’t help the rest of us if you make a generic statement to know what’s going on and it won’t help devs know what to focus on either to make fixes.

Just some background, I was running a machine that worked perfectly up until 2.1.3 and then things quickly fell apart. Many of the issues people have now started for me on 2.1.3. I thought my machine was adequate.

Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621
System Manufacturer LENOVO
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO BNCN43WW, 5/21/2021
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 11.8 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.83 GB
Total Virtual Memory 13.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.11 GB

It wasn’t, the system would use all available resources. Topaz support did everything they could to assist but the resources were the issue, especially when I tried to run PS and TPAI at the same time.

I invested in a new PC, it ran me $950.

Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631
System Model Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0xxx
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics, 3800 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.3 GB
Available Physical Memory 21.6 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 22.2 GB

Now everything has worked perfectly and I can run a suite of software applications without issue. Updates load, models in TPAI and GP run smoothly and produce excellent results in seconds.

I wanted to blame the Topaz software, this issue was definitely local. No matter how you may want to slice it, improvements to the Topaz software are going to use resources and the listed minimum requirements are the rock bottom requirements and the performance will be questionable.

No answer yet… Someone in the house ?