Topaz Photo AI v2.3.0

The new models are able to generate details if you raise denoise and deblur.

And look much less artifical compared to the old one and have corrected the tile patterns.

But try for yourself in demomode.

1 Like

I had no issues installing this version on my M1 Mac.
The Remove tool seems to be a fraction faster, but still often requires multiple passes to remove an object and replace with something approximating the original background rather then introducing an extraneous object or person.
Once again, removing the cyclist with the delivery basket produced various CGI sport cars, then some tubes before eventually coming up with some smudges.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 07.35.34
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 07.35.49

Uploading the original file to Dropbox

1 Like

Same error for me as well

1 Like

Getting some nice results with Hi-Fi v2 model!

Now I have to go re-process everything. Good problem to have?

Also nice to see the object selection brush available in the remove tool!

Regards

1 Like

Standard v2 is the best upscaling model I’ve seen thus far, even handles chromatic aberration well.

Source at 400%:

Standard v1:

Standard v2:

The original image is from Olympus C-3030 from 2001.

6 Likes

Last version was much better. How can I revert?

Search the forum and you will see if you go to the releases section you can click and download the version you want …

Downloaded with no problems. Install fails repeatedly with the following error message. "Your CPU must support AVX . . . . .

avx

According to HWiNFO64, I do have AVX support. It is green in color on the chart.

System overview is shown in the jpg HWiNFO64

C
DxDiag-2.txt (112.1 KB)
Complete system info in the file DxDiag-2

Any help in getting the program installed greatly appreciated.

Today’s Radical Restorations:

First up, from a 1999 1-megapixel image. Not entirely usable, just radical!

Next, a scan of a 1990s 35mm negative:

Finally, an extreme crop of a low-light concert shot with a non-DLSR digital camera (2012):

1 Like

I don’t believe your CPU supports AVX-512 out of the box. Check with support on what they are looking for in AVX support.

I have a later Ryzen 9 and that has no issues.

Me too! When I hit remove it seems like it’s working but when it reaches the end the program crashes!

1 Like

In all fairness… the error message says he’s lacking AVX support, not AVX2, not AVX-512.

This old Dell Latitude that I just installed 2.3.0 on yesterday (and successfully started) doesn’t have AVX-512 either, but I had no complaints whatsoever from the installer:

I am however in agreement with the “Check with support” part, as it’s probably not right that a Ryzen 5 3600 (which isn’t that old actually) should be able to manage if my ol’ laptop can.

Edit - typo corrected. A “shouldn’t” slipped in there when I meant “should”. Commenting on the mobile webpage is tricky at best.

Hello,
In Photo AI 2.3.0, do we have all the updates offered by the version 7 of gigapixel?

2 Likes

2.3.0 has Standard V1 and V2, High Fidelity V1 and V2, Graphics and Low Resolution models with Minor Denoise, Minor Deblur, and Fix Compression for fine tuning.

GPAI 7 has Standard V1 and V2, High Fidelity V1 and V2, Lines, Very Compressed, Art/CG and Low Resolution models with Minor Denoise, Minor Deblur, and Fix Compression for fine tuning.

3 Likes

GPAI 7 does not yet have the ability to select which faces to restore. TPAI does.

1 Like

Intel 13700K does not support AX 512 and installed and works fine. Topaz says nothing in support page about AX 512. From what I have read it’s no longer supported - at least by Intel.

2 Likes

But I believe that Intel, like your Dell/i5, has support for TensorFlow also. As you noted the advice was to check with support.

The point is, if you read the post, to contact support about this early AMD processor and what they are looking for in AVX support.

There is nothing in the original post about AVX-512. The error just specified AVX instructions.

2 Likes

I read the post. Did you read my answer?
I actually agreed with the part about asking Support. What I also did was to point out that the error message complained about one function (instruction set or whatever you prefer to call it) that clearly seems to be supported by the cpu (TechPowerUp that is involved in HWinfo usually get this kind of data right) while you started taking about another instruction set/function/whatever.

Moreover - I do not think it’s unimportant to point out that an older laptop - and with a crappy integrated gpu at that - actually do seem to allow the install while sharing many of the same instruction sets as the R5 3600 in question indicating that something else is probably amiss.

And sorry, but that cpu ain’t that early being a third generation Ryzen and the screenshot clearly show info contradicting the error message. Of course this could be an error in how the installer interprets and reacts to certain deviances from “ideal” situations, but I think we at least have to assume that the error message correspond with what the installer is actually missing, don’t we?

2 Likes