Topaz Photo AI v2.1.2

Did they bring back Sharpen V1 in this release? (as a selecteable model)
I haven’t installed/tried it, since the bugfix I would have needed (CLI) wasn’t part of it.

Today I went ahead and bought another year of updates. I am hoping that Photo AI will get better in the coming releases.

2 Likes

No , it’s gone.

Has there been a real fix for the tiles?

This update seems to no longer make adjustments in preview or processed, should I delete and re-download?

Can’t hurt to try that! Uninstall then retry.

BTW, I don’t know which installer you used. Grab the installer for your OS from the top of this discussion thread.

Hope that helps!

It happened to me for the first time.
I was processing 4 similar photos from PS (4 different images in PS).
On last photo Topaz AI crashed.
I restarted, tried again, it says “error running model”.
I was thinking maybe it’s out of memory, I closed PS, opened only last image again.
And I see error running model.
I was trying to enable/disable models, and looks like it works with sharpen and face, but not with noise. When I enable noise it says error.
Any ideas?

A question about the Remove Tool: The description of the tool says that the Remove Tool should be used, when all image editing filters have been set. When using the Remove Tool, the used filters should then be blocked and the Remove Tool then works on the basis of the edited image. For me it’s not quite like that: If I edit the image and then press the Remove button, all filters jump back to zero and the unedited image appears. Then I can remove the masked object on the unedited image. After that the image returns to the edited status. If I want to remove something else in the same image, the image remains in edit mode. Is this the normal remove workflow? Or does the image have to stay in edited mode the first time you use the Remove Tool?

iMac M1, IOS Ventura 13.2.1.

I too have been waiting for this, so great to see! :grin:

Great!
Can you please do that it will remember last selection?
So if I turn it on (select all)… it will stay always on, till I will turn off it.
Thanks!

Uploaded a zip with 106 RAW samples.

“TP-Samples.zip”

Colour balance is way off for my rain forest. Looks worse on my wide gamut monitor. tiff file sent from Capture One.

What happens if you don’t try to adjust the color?

It was OK without the white balance adjustments. I think rainforest light confuses it.

I have the same thing - noise reduction or sharpening - even at the smallest level they change the color balance (Mac OS with M1 CPU + Eizo)

The next thing is the settings for batch processing. I have the autopliot option turned off, but when opening a photo, autopilto still analyzes the photo. I would prefer autopilot not to do it until I point out what I am interested in so that he can improve it. This is especially irritating when processing many photos that are supposed to have the same processing parameters, because it takes a lot of unnecessary time - I make the changes manually anyway and then apply them to all photos from a given series.

Your Color slider is well into the Blue (cool) range and the Opacity slider for that color is high.

Your image on the right looks appropriately blue tinged for your settings…

Did you want a color adjustment or not? If not, you can turn the switch off.

In my case, I only change the noise and sharpening - I do not move the Color Balance slider and the photo after the above-mentioned processing still changes color and, from what I can see, lowers the contrast.

1 Like

@lukasz.gajewy @richard_m_h

Do you have your Preferences set to full Autopilot? Just curious. I’m wondering why Color Balance is activating & at an extreme level; unless you wanted a statement color grade.

I see Richard is using CaptureOne (as a host?) & I guess Lukasz is working with a Mac.

I’m seeing banding in shadow or darker areas when Auto completes after this latest update.

@Fotomaker
I have autopilot turned off in settings. And for me the color balance does not activate, only after changing some parameters (like denois) color is changes in the preview. When I export the edited file, the colors are retained with the original. Such a curiosity.

1 Like