This week we’re introducing multi-select functionality into the app, which will allow you to apply changes to, close, and export selected images within a batch rather than all images. Standard keyboard shortcuts have been added to support the use of this feature. In addition to this, we’ve also added the ability to pause and resume exports. Once the exports are completed, you will now have the option to export the same batch again with different settings if you choose to do so.
As always, a full change log is below.
Please give us any feedback or report issues with this release. We’ll be updating TPAI regularly to address those pieces of feedback and issue reports. If there’s a specific image you’d like us to see, you can send it us at this dropbox link.
Released November 16th, 2023
Changes since 2.1.1:
- Added ability to select multiple images
- Added ability to pause export and export again
- Windows installer now ignores model download errors
- Fixed camera profiles for Sony ILCA-77M2, ILCE-7M4, and ILCE-7RM5
- Fixed Autopilot dots disappearing after changing settings
- Fixed filter icons not showing until opening the image
- Automatic lensfun update
- Under certain circumstances, images with Remove applied that are closed may cause other images to get stuck scanning or overlap the preview incorrectly
- This seems to have been introduced in 2.1.0 and has a planned fix for 2.1.3
- You can fix this by selected another image and discarding remove edits when prompted
- There are intermittent cases where the processing bar appears frozen while exporting
- A potential workaround for this is pausing and resuming the export
Quick test on iPhone-sourced images, previously exported as JPEG to post online elsewhere, re-processed here.
Has the basic functionality and quality of remove noise, sharpen, recover faces, and upscale improved much since my current 1.4.3 version?
From reading the release notes since 1.4.3 it seems most of the effort has been put into things I won’t use and little to no work on improving the basic functionality over what 1.4.3 does. With the Black Friday sale going on now I am trying to decide if it is worth buying a year of updates.
You can download any new version and try it (as demo if needed, where you can see the preview but not export).
Win 11 Pro desktop PC. Ps 2024 Plugin - PAI 2.1.2. Processor = AMD RX6800 XT.
Launches/processes/saves from Ps Filters menu and File > Automate. Upsized okay from File > Automate.
Nothing new in this release relative to my uses/needs (and still no Before/After dimension notations in the Upscaling panel…).
But I always kick the tires to be sure each new rel. is operating as a Ps plugin. It is.
Is it not export or export with watermark?
I tried the other day before my latest re-up and that was the I impression I got.
What do you think of the results?
Do they change if you throttle back the deblur and/or fix compression a bit?
With the clouds I brought down the sharpening strength by half, otherwise for my quick pic example it was good.
So quick, so easy – so AI!
To me it looks like the AI model turned the edge of the cloud (esp right side) into white water of a breaking wave.
It does, this is where oceans come from
Efficient, skipping a step
For the Remove tool it would be great to have a history, so you can undo several generations step by step instead of all at once.
Or a management of the generations would be helpful.
This was already asked for several times now and seems to be in the roadmap.
Can we choose multiple images from PS somehow?
Yes. Usually (my qualifying term…) a positive sign when on roadmap.
yay, finally a fix for ILCE-7RM5 files, thanks.