Topaz Photo AI v2.1.1

Issue Resolved.
It was a smart filter format and final save is happening

Thanks,

2 Likes

Yay! Glad itā€™s working.

Sadly I can so no fix for the reported CLI problems in 2.1.0 (I just installed 2.1.1 and tested that again, just be sure): Problem with overwrite filter settings via the CLI
Itā€™s like I feared, the focus is now on the new Remove Tool beta :frowning:

When will the above bug be addressed? Thanks.

Does it not run at all on your 3060?

No it wonā€™t select the 3060

Major errors like this have only occurred in the past when there was a major problem.

You may need to remove either the driver or TPAI with an external tool.

With the driver you can try to go the not recommended way during installation and select ā€œreinstallā€, this should completely overwrite the driver.

if this does not help try DDU.
I also had to use DDU twice recently, even with the Nvidia PRO GPU.

The driver is best removed with DDU.
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4731

And for TPAI there is Ashampoo uninstall.

I can recommend both programs.
I use them myself.
With DDU it is important that you take a look the tutorial.

Thanks, but already done.

1 Like

Does it work now?

I recall in another thread that he has a RTX 3060 6Gb (mobile gpu iā€™m guessing). I think the vram is the issue, like Iā€™ve noticed with other users (RTX 2060 6Gb) and myself (GTX 1060 6Gb).

At the moment the remove tool just doesnā€™t want to touch 6Gb gpus, even for small edits.

1 Like

Same, same, no difference.

@bin.sun

Would a memorypooling in ram help?

4GB Ram </> 4 GB VRAM.

Or is it slower than running it on cpu alone?

System Memory Fallback is a feature of more recent Nvidia drivers to allow apps to use system memory when they go past the cards vram limit, instead of crashing.

So in theory, the ability for 6Gb Nvidia cards to run the remove tool is already there, whatever the performance ends up being.

The minimum requirement for GPU is 6GB (considering the 2GB baseline for display etc.). We tested the app on AMD GPU and it works well (around 15 seconds). One possible reason is the app doesnā€™t detect the GPU and is running on CPU which will take around 3.5 minutes. I am working on the optimization of the speed.

3 Likes

Hmm, I have quite abysmal speed here as well with the remove tool on a GTX 4600 with 8GB RAM.
17secs for preparing the model (only the first time) and then an additional 2 mins 37 secs for the actual inpainting process :-/
At least the end result is good.

On the M2 Ultra (with 60 GPU cores and 48GB VRAM) the same procedure takes roughly 11 secs - after the model was enabled.

I do think that is likely due to the gfx card only having 8GB of RAM.
Edit: I should add that this was with the quality slider set to the maximum.

Can anyone confirm whether this new Remove Tool feature is good with removing tattoos? My yearly updates expired on the 5th October 23 and currently donā€™t see enough reasons to pay $99 when itā€™s good for my needs, although if this new tool can remove tattoos off peopleā€™s skin and make it look natural as Iā€™ve tried Photoshop and other apps, they make the skin blocky and weird looking, it works if the tattoo is tiny but not for sleeves. Then Iā€™ll definitely purchase the $99 as this will help me out big time. Thank you.

If the image is in sepia tone the processed one gets converted to black and white and all color tint is removed. When opening images in Photoshop I get ā€œembedded ICC profile cannot be used because the ICC profile is invalidā€.

1 Like

Maybe provide a sample and then we can show you the result of the remove tool.

1 Like

Here are couple from Google Images which resembles the strength of tattoos Iā€™ve tried removing in the past. Thank you.

I just tried it on an inside forearm sleeve tattoo and it was successful, but the arm looked a bit featureless (no tendons, veins, hairs etc.). If you set the speed-quality slider too high trying to improve that, it started creating a false graphic pattern in place of the tattoo.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you this has helped.