Topaz Photo AI v1.5.3

Hello!

This week has a few fixes for setting resolution. More updates for resolution handling are expected for next week.

As always, the full changelog is below.

Please give us any feedback or report issues with this release. We’ll be updating TPAI regularly to address those pieces of feedback and issue reports. If there’s a specific image you’d like us to see, you can send it us at this dropbox link.

v1.5.3
Released August 24th, 2023
Mac: Download
Windows: Download

Changes since 1.5.2:

• In-Subject face selection should now be faster and has updated logic
  • Added support for Sony ILCE-6700
  • Added an Open Images button to the bottom bar
  • Fixed resolution not sticking after changing images
  • Fixed resolution changes getting reset when opening crop
  • Resolution now supports a wider range of values
  • Resolution now calculates inches and centimeters separately
  • Updated lensfun
13 Likes

@yazi.saradest beat me to 1st like, congrats Yazi! :rofl:

4 Likes

Thx for the update.

I’m still experiencing having the Nav Box (upper right of UI) hopping to the far upper left of that viewing panel (Topaz name for it?) when I activate Text Preserve.

We’re aware of this issue and will be adding a fix for it. Thank you!

6 Likes

You’re welcome, Yazi! Good to know.

2 Likes

fixed my crashing so far NVidia A4000 good work guys!

1 Like

I downloaded and installed the latest version. it’s very slow. I work with M1 Apple and 100/150px files. do you have a solution?

1 Like

I am also having an issue with running on M1 MBP, never had an issue before, but last few updates the product is completely unusable. I have uninstalled everything and did a completely clean installation, and it still does not work. Is there possibly a setting that I am missing?

Heavily cropped image/ enhanced 4x . I think is good result.

Thanks for update. Is it possible for preserve text to cache the result so by changing zoom level it doesn’t render again?

3 Likes

Just purchased Topaz and using W11, Nvidia 2800 and Topaz release 1.5.3 but everytime i load any image, it scans for a second or 2 and then crashes my whole system. i only occassionally get an error log.

Not sure what’s causing it but using any denoise or sharpen on this image makes it significantly darker

2 Likes

Looking up the Nvidia Quadro FX 2800M GPU I suspect it is underpowered. That is a 2009 600MHz device for laptops. It uses only 1 GB of GDDR3 ram. Time for a new computer.

While I shoot some CR2 on occasion and iPhone images more often, my main interest in Topaz products (especially Photo AI ) is to salvage my sorry early digital photos and film scans (a total of 50 years’ worth!).

Here I used v1.5.3, starting on auto pilot and tweaking a bit further, working with scans of a few 1990s color negatives shot from various aircraft. Without treatment, these are basically worthless, unless kept and viewed as 3x5 prints – but who does that?

With further effort these could probably be even better.

3 Likes

That’s a fair amt of what I do too. But I also create fine art photography (shooting with mirrorless now mostly).

I need newer toys :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t we all! Always… :upside_down_face:

I cannot update from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 on Windows 10. Failing with error code 1603 and rolls back. I have all the logs and such.

2023-08-25T18:30:00Z I am stuck at Photo AI V1.0. Just not able to update the SW. Tried everything multiple times. even incremental updates don’t work…ie tried starting with update V1.0 to 1.0.1…no luck.

Logs.zip (50.4 KB)

A lot of hours logged with the software, generally works well.
Photo AI crashed earlier this week, first time since initial installation. Rebooted machine, import image to Photo AI, process like normal, software noticeably slower. Most often. the .DNG output has a heavy magenta color shift or the image is oddly pixelated. Same problem on any number of .NEF images.

Change to Photo AI 1.5.3. Same problem. Uninstalled software using the Windows 11 Add or Remove Software Utility. Reinstalled Photo AI, same problem.

Same problem with any of four AI processor selections: Auto, CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU or Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

Requesting solutions.