Topaz Photo AI v1.3.9

That could be the case.
I am also seeing that all my images are being cropped to 6000x3367:

I am going to revert to v1.3.8, which I think was working fine.

I get the same error and submitted this along with the log files when it was still in beta

I just saw this on 1.3.8 for the first time. I had been looking at an image before, changing settings, and it was working. Then I loaded another image, one that I had looked at before in Photo AI, but this time, I got the error message on every setting I tried.

By the way, the old standard noise reduction model works better than version 2 on at least some of the files I tried, so Iā€™m not happy that it was removed.

Just upgraded it and noticed this on Windows. It wonā€™t run in Photoshop as it detects it as virus.

Can you please confirm that this is a false positive and the installer on your server wasnā€™t injected with a virus?

topaz virus

Sharpen was unable to load the models on any sharpen variant on NEF raw files and .tif files to me. Edit: after a complete re-install it works now. :slight_smile:

I just updated to 1.3.9 and it is NOT working properly at all and I want to wind it back to the previous version. Thereā€™s several things not happening as it should, and Iā€™m right in the middle of editing a huge event, Iā€™m exhausted, and want to focus on winding back rather than trying to explain every detail that isnā€™t working properly. :cry:

1 Like

How did you revert back, iā€™m trying to do the same.

Your problem is really intriguing because Iā€™ve just tested it and my antivirus hasnā€™t flinched. So I think youā€™re the problem. Probably you have hidden viruses that have infected certain files on your machine.
I use the same antivirus as you.

I used AppCleaner (I am on a Mac) to remove v1.3.9 and all related files. It is important to trash the model files in particular.
I then downloaded from the link in the first posting on the forum discussions for v1.3.8.
I am once again able to process using the Lens Blur and Motion Blur models.

Do wish an option to choose where you want save/open a processed image was available, I use more than one app so when I open into TP from for example On1 2023 it wants to return image to On1 2023, open from Affinity photo only option return to same. I no this can be done if opening direct from Windows Explorer but a trip round the houses!!!

Hi Adam M
The Strenght, in Autopilot, is still much to strong, ther comes HALO on the edges

Best regards
Kaj Sorensen, DK

DNG files from a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphone are super dark when loaded into Photo AI. Other editors and viewers do not have this problem, and the DNG files are the same brightness as the corresponding JPG file with them.

I have no errors, ran hundreds of files in TIF and old RAW format. But ARW lossless compressed RAW files from Sonyā€™s latest A7R5 camera are all processed with artifacts, just like previous versions of the program. On all or on the right there is a vertical colored stripe, or in general everything is in squares.
From previous camera models, both compressed and uncompressed ARW files are processed without errors.

I should also note that when I get the ā€œError: Could not run modelā€ it is on a Windows laptop that does not have a dedicated GPU - just the one Intel builds into the processor - so everything runs VERY sslloowwllyy.

from everything said here, it seems quite unstable, ā€¦ will skip this version ā€¦

1 Like

Ā  I just updated to 1.3.9, and I get the same problem.Ā  Perhaps 50% to 75% of the time, processing an image fails, with the ā€œError: Could not run modelā€ error.

Ā  Going back to 1.3.8 for now.

Ā  Looks like this version was rushed out too fast, without being properly tested and debugged, first.Ā  Very sloppy work, here.

1 Like

Ā  Go to Topaz Photo AI v1.3.8 and hit the ā€œDownloadā€ link there.

Some of us had that issue with the initial release of 1.3.8. With the help of our log files they were quickly able to determine that it was a certain GPU family that was the culprit and put out a fix in a couple of days. You should send them your log files so they can do the same for whatever is behind your issue.

Ā  I just now tried to install 1.3.8, and the installation just doesnā€™t work.

Ā  Now going to try to go back to 1.3.7.

Ā  This is seriously pissing me off.Ā  I am in no mood to have so much of my time gratuitously wasted, because these idiots couldnā€™t be bothered to test a new version before they released it.

Ā  For what I paid for this software, I expect much better than this. This is inexcusable!

Ā  On a second try, after as complete uninstall and clean reinstall, I seem to have 1.3.8 installed and working.

Ā  It looks like Topaz really should withdraw the defective 1.3.9 release for now. Itā€™s clearly failing to work, for too many people, and causing too many of us to waste too much time.