Topaz Photo AI v1.3.4

Hi, the software keeps crashing whenever I try to upscale an image. Anyone facing the same issue?

@partha.acharjee

Crash with Strong old model, with RTX GPU Nvidia, CPU is ok, integrated GPU is ok (AMD).

2023-05-13-15-36-34.txt (336.8 KB)

2 Likes

wasn’t able to reproduce.

Since the release of Topaz AI, it’s the first time I get “plugin crashed” when adjusting the “Sharpen strength” slider. I’ve repeated the process many times and always get the crash. …
I never met this from the previous versions.

If you click on reply under my post then your comments are directed to me. If you want to make a general comment to the community then click on the Reply button at the bottom of the thread.

why do we need to re-login every time we open the app via browser after this new update?

@adam.mains

Its does recalc the filters every time you turn it on and off, the beta didn’t did this.

Its harder to see whats changed if it does not cache.

I have installed the latest version (1.3.4) and it doesn’t seem to be working within Capture One Pro 23, Lr Classic or as a standalone application. The application is very very very slow in generating a preview or even allowing the sliders for amendments.

I have re-booted my computer and this doesn’t seem to help. Any ideas?

Thanks, Keith

Photo AI v1.3.4 keeps closing after it starts in Lightroom Classic. Denoise and Sharpen work fine.

Ok, considering the particularly negative comments of this new version, I will skip it and wait for 1.3.5 hoping it will be better.

Hi, Just tried the new update but it appears that the face recognition function is a bit off when confronted with multiple faces, singles seem to be OK though.
Douglas
P200808108779v2_p
P200808108779-topaz-faceai-denoiseraw_p

By login do you mean you have to activate Photo AI? If so, I have the same issue and have contacted tech support. Presently I’m trying to solve this. It started happening after the recent update to v1.3.4

I actually kind of like the effect you’ve created.

2 Likes

I opened a .CR2 raw file in Lightroom Classic edited in Black and White in Topaz Photo AI 1.3.4 using File:Plug-in Extras, and the auto settings produced a TIF file with artifacts that look like cyan and magenta color noise which was not visible in the Lightroom classic view of the file. The artifacts appear in parts of the image with a lot of detailed rocks, but not in the smooth tones of clouds and sky. The noise is not visible in images the size I can upload here; somehow the
'100%" view is in this forum is very small, but is clear at 100% in the full size image (TIF).

Thanks @Artisan-West and @gosa , I have a 4x32GB kit coming this way, the G.Skill 4000mhz TridentZ. I should be able to test this to the limit with whether the frequency or the load on the motherboard is the problem (listening more closely the coil whine seems to be coming from the mobo instead of the GPU). I hope I haven’t damaged the motherboard with all the crashes. Ostensibly it wouldn’t have if there’s less voltage than is necessary going to the parts instead of more during these events.

I am using Topaz Photo AI in Lightroom Classic CC version 12.4. If I use Edit in > Photo AI. photo begins to run then crashes and refers back to the original image unedited.
If I use File > Plug in Extras AI runs then processes the image but does not send it back to the thumbnail in Lightroom hence I have to look for it.

Up until this afternoon the Edit in > Photo AI was working perfectly then for some reason it stopped working.

I have spent 1 1/2 hours online with Adobe and still have no success

Having the same issue. Face recovery works the first time, but if I adjust the strength, or adjust anything else, the face recovery no longer works. Most of the time that is, occasionally it works, but only occasionally . Running on iMac with Ventura 13.3.1. I’m usually coming from the Lightroom Add-on.

Doesn’t seem like face recovery does anything in v1.3.4 on the mac (running Monterey). I can turn it on/off with no difference in the image. It correctly identifies the faces in the image though.

I also have had several random crashes. No error messages. The program just disappears.

Trying the same photo in SharpenAI 4.1.0 produced better overall image results than I could get with PhotoAI. But the faces aren’t good in SharpenAI.

Same image in GigaPixelAI v6.3.3 shows no difference with Face Recovery on or just, just like PhotoAI.

This is the original image I’m trying to enhance:
1978MAY_MothersDay_02b-Jenay

You should post a screenshot of the actual settings panel for confirmation and the input file type.

Just using a low quality screenshot I don’t seem to have any issues on Windows 11:

You should upload your logs also. The location can be accessed from the Help menu in Photo AI.

Must work ok under Windows 11, but it doesn’t work properly on macOS Monterey.