Topaz Photo AI v1.3.2

Hello!

This week we have several fixes, including some bigger ones related to RAW output and Autopilot.

Previously there was a bug where RAW files would look fine in the preview, but when exporting would look much different and potentially have artifacts. This issue should now be resolved.

On a similar note, there were previously issues where Lightroom masks and healing brush items would be rotated or squished. This should also be resolved since now we always save with the same orientation as the input image.

Along with these changes, we now support the HIF extension which some Canon cameras output, we’ve made some changes to Strong Sharpen’s Autopilot values, and added the ability to load cropped and straightened images.

A full change log including other fixes can be found below.

Please give us any feedback or report issues with this release. We’ll be updating TPAI regularly to address those pieces of feedback and issue reports. If there’s a specific image you’d like us to see, you can send it us at this dropbox link.

We’ve recently added the ability to post RAW files under 65MB in the forum. If you are okay with your image being posted in this thread publicly you are free to do so. You are also free to go through our dropbox if you do not want to post publicly.

v1.3.2
Released April 27, 2023
Mac: Download
Windows: Download

Changes since 1.3.1:

• Images are now always saved with their input orientation
    – This fixes issues where masks/healing in Lightroom are rotated/squished after processing
  • Added support for HIF extension (Canon’s preferred HEIF extension)
  • Increased Autopilot recommended values for Strong Sharpen model
  • Added option to preserve bit depth on PNG and TIFF output
  • Added ability to load images with XMP crop and straighten angles
  • Improved messages for when resizing is not supported
  • Added shortcut hints to right click menu items
  • Removed double click to reset on sliders with no associated Autopilot values
  • Added button to cancel in-app update download
  • Updated update available dialog
  • Disabled mouse wheel zoom when cropping
  • Fixed several crash on exit cases
  • Fixed file size errors on export causing a larger error
  • Fixed HEIC/HEIF files not generating thumbnails
  • Fixed issue where RAW output would use different Autopilot values
  • Fixed a few minor memory leaks related to metadata and thumbnails
  • Fixed original button being locked on after clicking and pressing space
  • Fixed potential race condition crash when using plugin mode
  • Fixed face recovery sometimes only recovering half a face
  • Fixed metadata copying makernotes data from EXIF block erroneously

Known issues:

• Editing a crop after switching images in batch will load the box in the wrong place
  • Switching images while loading may cause thumbnail to be incorrect
  • HDR or Monochrome DNGs which previously did not open may have issues when saving as a DNG
    – To get around this you can save as JPEG, PNG, or TIFF which shouldn’t have the same color issues
7 Likes

“Added ability to load images with XMP crop and straighten angles” How do I get this to happen when the RAW image is sent to PAI via “Plug-in extras” in LR?

This software still in beta, i was paid for a beta software when it was released and after many month it is still in beta. Never never never will buy topaz software anymore

4 Likes

Hi what is this ? I don’t see the settings in settings

Standard Sharpen model is still not as good as lens blur, but getting better …

STANDARD (You can see the blur is not removed completely leaving the image soft)

LENS BLUR

1 Like

The crop function does not work at all. The saturation is too strong when saving to Lightroom. The whole color balance is changed and hard to fix in Lightroom due to the changes.

Crop function only works in stand alone mode. I don’t have any issue with white balance or saturation

Hi Vincent - Preserve will keep the bit depth of the original image in the output. You can find it on the saving panel under Format.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 14.29.08

Hi Marco - what issue are you running into with the crop tool? You should be able to use it in standalone and some host editors like Lightroom Classic & Capture One but not in Photoshop. For the saturation issue, I’d appreciate it if you can send me an example. You can send me the original image through Dropbox. Thank you.

1 Like

The crop works for me in standalone. In Lightroom Classic it does not work correctly when the RAW image is sent to PAI via “Plug-in extras”. I can crop the image, but after I hit apply in the crop tool the imaged isn’t cropped when it appears in the main screen of PAI.

1 Like

Although the Mask arrives back in Lightroom with the right orientation, not all masks or the custom crop are applied.

The original has 4 masks + a custom crop in Lightroom…

After returning to Lightroom, only 3 Masks are applied and the crop wasn’t…

The original has 5 masks + a custom crop…

After returning to Lightroom… NO Masks, and the crop wasn’t applied…

I always love the updates of this software.

The quality of this image is just whoooaaaoo

3 Likes

Also, in the portrait of the girl… in the last version, all Masks were applied, and the colors were over-saturated. The color issues were resolved in the new version. However, for some reason, no Masks were applied.

1 Like

It’s strange because when I crop in Lightroom, and I send my image to PAI and I send it back to Lightroom, I always have the same custom cropping from Lightroom.

I’ve been having these issues for weeks. No idea why. Are you using the latest version of Classic? What camera are you using?

Yes I have the latest version of Lightroom classic. Same for Photo Ai. At the moment, I use my Galaxy S7 camera more in RAW mode in DNG format.

1 Like

hum so so you mean that before a 16 bit file was saved to LR as a 8 bit one ?

Exactly same issue here on MacOS Ventura

This is exactly what happens. I can also crop the image but when I hit the “apply” button the crop disappears. And I am coming from Lightroom Classic too…

I have done that. I have not done anything in the postproduction with the original one. As you see there is lot of saturation adde to this image. It gets more obvious with human faces and the picture turns yeallowish and warn by itself.