Topaz Photo AI v1.3.2

We already had options for 16 & 8 bits in that menu but we’ve now added a 3rd option for “Preserve” so users don’t need to switch between 16 & 8 if they just want to preserve the depth :slight_smile:

Received both JPEG files. Thank you! Looking into it.

1 Like

Thank you. Looking into this too.

2 Likes

GPS data still being stripped when using Photo AI as a plug-in from Lightroom. Been like this for many months, no fix in sight.

I need to process thousands of images in PAI from 15 years ego and up, taken with my Nikon D300 & D700 cameras, with enlargement by 3x.

Last year, I and some people on this forum, ask Topaz team to implement, missing from enlargement panel, 3x & 5x buttons.

Topaz engineers responded with creation of a window, where we can type custom X number.

While it was really great solution for batch processing, that you type once, and process 200, 300, 500 images at the time, I like to process my images on one by one bases, and typing every single time, custom 3X number, is a tedious, not very efficient task.

Is it possible to implement that option in Preferences, Output Size window, 3x option?

If PAI allow 3x enlargement, by typing in a Tools panel, it might be viable, not very difficult to implement, option for Autopilot, in Preference panel as well.

For my previous cameras, I use available in Preferences, 4x enlargement option, for my Nikon Z5 I use 2x that is available as well, and only missing enlargement size that I need is 3x.

These common camera’s sensor sizes, across all platforms, will benefit majority of photographers who need 3x enlargement.

While I am editing, I am enlarging all my pictures to 12K+ on the large side, for so called “Future Proof”, and to be able to fill full screen of 12K monitors and TVs, that will come , I hope, in a near Future, and your program plays significant role in my efforts.

AI image manipulation is still in it’s infancy right now. You might just want to upscale your images as you have a specific use for them. In the future I imagine upscaling technology will be a lot better than it is today, and you’d want to keep your originals rather than the “archaic” upscaling algorithms from 2023. :wink:

7 Likes

I agree with this.

Crop does not work

Provide a little more information, for example what OS, are you using as a standalone or calling as a plugin, and from what host.

As far as I am aware, the AI only upscales to 1x, 2x, and 4x natively; any other scaling factor is obtained by first upscaling to one of those factors and then rescaling using Lanczos.

1 Like

Hello! I really want to get an answer for my questions, because I am a little bit disappointed.

(1) In some cases Topaz is better, in some much worse that your competitor CutOut Pro - photo-enhancer-sharpener-upscaler (i can’t insert the link, it get’s deleted) -

Quality/Fidelity (photo-enhancer-sharpener-upscaler) free functions works so much better than 199$ Topaz.
ORIGINAL PHOTO BAD QUALITY: bad quality original
CUTOUR PRO FREE VERSION QUALITY: cutout pro free quality preset
TOPAZ 199$: topaz ai

No hate, but… I don’t understand why this CutOut image looks better. Topaz - you can see it’s so blurry, some weird line on the left side of the girls hair. CutOut Pro - good brightness, sharpness and etc, but yes - much lower resolution (only because it’s free!, but you can pay to enlarge it)

What can you do about it? May be I need to tweak more functions, but for me - speed is important. Everything should look good, and unfortunately Topaz is not doing the job at the moment. I need to upload bad photo to CutOut, download enhanced photo from CutOut from there and enlarge in Topaz - with enlarging - it’s not bad, but it’s not good either :frowning:

1 Like

Same problem for me. I am using a Mac M1 Ventura 13.3.1 Adobe LRCC v. 12.3. I send the photo to AI as a tif file, crop, hit OK, it returns to main screen without the crop. It does not save back to LR with the crop either. I have not tried it as a stand alone so I can’t comment on if that would work. It also would not help my workflow if I had to use it as a stand alone.

After running my image through Photo AI and take out the noise, when I send it back to Lightroom Classic, the noise is back. It did not return the noise reduced image but appears to return the original noisy image.

In standalone, with a cropped Raw with a XMP file the cropping stays with the saved DNG file. While in LR using “plug-in extras” the DNG is returned without any crops applied. I know that PAI is reading XMP file.

The crop tool works for me in standalone. In Lightroom Classic it does not work correctly when the RAW image is sent to PAI via “Plug-in extras”. I can crop the image, but after I hit apply in the crop tool the imaged isn’t cropped when it appears in the main screen of PAI.

In both cases PAI doesn’t work correctly when the RAW file is sent to PAI from LR via “Plug-in extras”.

LR 12.3
WIN10 22H2 32 GB RAM
I7-13700K CPU
RTX 3070 TI GPU with 531.61 studio driver

In Photo AI, 1.3.2 my cropping tool is not working

Please provide details.

I can’t get the new version Mac Topaz Photo AI 1.3.2 to load photo to process. it might be that first tried to go from iPhotos to open in Topaz Photo directly. I shut down and restarted and redownloaded the update. Still nothing.

1 Like

I don’t believe iPhotos is supported as it is an obsolete image management app, Photos is its replacement and is supported with a plug-in to call Photo AI.

1 Like

I send the raw photo to the Photo AI plugin from LR Classic. I crop the photo and click apply. The photo has not been cropped. This is on an iMac. I have my MacBook Pro which has a previous version of Photo AI, 1.2.10. It works fine. I upgraded the Photo AI on my MacBook to 1.3.2 and now cropping doesn’t work. On both computers, I can drag a photo into Photo AI and it will crop. If I send the photo to the Photo AI plugin, it won’t crop in Photo AI

3 Likes

Same problem on the Windows version. The cropping tool of Photo Ai version 1.3.2 does not work in plugin mode anymore.