Topaz Photo AI v1.3.0

I followed your instruction of processing an image by clicking “the File > Plug-in Extras > Process in Topaz Photo AI menu and send any image directly to Topaz Photo AI, then will import the processed image back into Lightroom Classic.” But I found the message after the processing by TPAI though TPAI started and finished successfully. Your help is greatly appreciated!

If you go back further up the thread, you will see that I had the exact same mistake. That’s why I mostly use the “right click on the image and edit in Topaz Photo Ai” mode. Although the 2 ways of doing it don’t have any bug in v1.2.10

Also, it does not save the file in Lightroom unfortunately. It does save in the source folder with a small “-2” after the original file name. The only way around this problem with PAI version 1.3.0 is to delete the Tiff file generated by Lightroom classic and rename the PAi Tiff to the original source file name. Then you can import the settings of this new image into Lightroom.

Thank you so much for your advise, Harald!

Up until this newer version V1.3.0 I really was impressed with everything but now I feel it has gone backwards as I really did like the results when I was able to have the choices of motion and lens blur in the sharpening options. I have processed a few images and the results are far from what I have been getting in the previous versions. Is there any way I can go back to the previous version before this new update. I regret doing the update but thought it would be a normal improvement as in other versions but to me I don’t want to use it. Can you please replace the options or give the chance to go back to another version which I can use the other sharpen settings please.

I decided to have a look regarding going back to the previous version and found the download so I have reverted back to 1.2.10

3 Likes

Seams like the latest version isn’t picking up the GPS when using as plugin from LrC
Edit in PhotoAI, then when saving back to LrC no location coordinates. The original file does have it.

You’re welcome

As far as I can see in my pictures the new sharpen model produces less artifacts and the slider is more sensitive

I agree with you on the changes to the Sharpen model! I’m rolling back too.

1 Like

I have also rolled back to previous version.

1 Like

Is there anyone else having issues with masks shifting and color changing when working on a Nikon Z6ii .NEF file with the output going to .jpeg, in the Adobe Lightroom/Bridge space? Attaching screenshots of original file and the way the .jpeg appears. Running on the latest version of Mac Ventura.

P.S. The previous version had the same issues, but the colors tended towards blue instead of yellow.

I’m rolling back to two versions ago until this has been fixed.

I have not had those issues with JPG workflow.

However, I’ve been having issues for the past 2+ months with Masks shifting from RAW to DNG workflow.

Also, if I have two or more Masks, sometimes not all masks are carried over. I’ve reported the bug several times, and it doesn’t seem to be a priority since it wasn’t on the March or April roadmap. Oh, and the crop never applies.

At least with the RAW workflow I can re-sync the masks.

A lot to like about this approach which consolidates Topaz DeNoise and Sharpen. FEATURE REQUEST: For video processing-- which involves thousands of files-- add a display of some details and stats to the processing page, indicating, for example, frames processed per second (or seconds per frame), percentage complete and estimated completion time. Some of us engineer types like lots of information. This info is especially invaluable when a long process is running and one wants to check occasionally on progress. Now however only the instant frame being processed can be seen. So no idea when it might be finished.

Thanks for great programs and frequent updates!
Mike

The reasons for the changes in 1.3.0 are not important, what is important is that it works.

The reason I have been using Photo AI for many months is because of its great ability to deal with motion blur. I shoot moving subjects (race cars, aviation, unlimited hydroplanes, etc.) where motion blur is a problem. In the past Photo AI did a great job with these images.

Now I will have to use OnOne NoNoise AI for those images.

You can downgrade to 1.2.10 or whatever version works best for you.

1 Like

Well aware of that. I want Topaz to get it right.

It’s called ON1 TackSharp AI, ON1 NoNoise AI doesn’t reduce motion blur. I don’t think threatening the developers that you are going to use it is a good move as if it was that good you would be using it already.

My advice is ask support for the version you were happy with, install it and wait for the model changes to suit you in the latest version.

2 Likes

Not threatening anyone, just stating something.

You don’t seem to be very knowledgable about OnOne NoNoise AI 2023. I have used it and its motion blur tool is equal to that in Photo AI based on my personal testing. I preferred Photo AI over NoNoise AI 2023 because I preferred the NR of Photo AI.

I really don’t need or appreciate your advice.

4 Likes

I don’t like the new Sharpen component merging motion and lens blur into one. It doesn’t work anywhere near as well. Please restore the options.

6 Likes

When Sharpen is turned on the image shifts a few pixels.

1 Like