Topaz Photo AI v1.2.4

Love the new mask brush!

I noticed that the Fix Compression slider is missing from the Enhance Resolution parameters.
Screenshot_2

Good morning. Picture sent. Thank you for your attention.

1 Like

I’d like to ask something - would it be possible to have a “checkable” batch file list (or a check mark box next to the thumbnail), to select, which files will be saved? I mean, when I leave one file with settings as “source”, I then drop other files with similar characteristics, and apply the settings from the “source” file to all the freshly dropped ones, but I’d like to have the “source” NOT saved again. :slight_smile:

I appreciate the QoL improvements you’re implementing so far - thank you!

1 Like

I must say that This recent update to AI has really done a good job , although it does seems to take quite a while to finish editing a photo on my Dell workstation. Why will my Adobe Lightroom not show a shortcut for my Topaz Sharp, or Studio? When we ever see any new updates for Studio???

I am unable to load the last three updates. Instructions say to load installer, but I don’t see a way to do that.

I have you tried to update from within Photo AI (Account/Check for Updates)?

Hi Thomas - the installers can be found at the top of this thread and on our Downloads page. I’ve also got them here for you:

Mac: Download
Windows: Download

1 Like

Hi - the cloud version of Lightroom (Adobe Lightroom) doesn’t support plugins, but Lightroom Classic does. You should be able to use our programs as plugins/editors in Lightroom Classic. Topaz Photo AI can be found under File > Plug-in Extras (this method supports RAW workflow) and under Photo > Edit In in Lightroom Classic. The rest of our image apps can also be found under Photo > Edit In.

I’ve been waiting for the GPS fix for months. Still copying and pasting. Do you find that if you tag the photo with GPS from Lightroom it maintains the GPS tag after TPAI? I do. Also, occasionally I will get a GPS tag from the camera that is not stripped but I am not sure exactly what scenario this happens in.

PAI 1.2.4. Win 11 Pro Desktop PC. Processor = Auto. Standalone vers.

I know I must lead a life that is less than rich. Because I am sooo excited to see the Basic Masking Brush!!!

I just tried it on one image to start.

I was able to:

• Easily switch off the AI Brush option in order to use the Basic Brush.

• Scale brush size with my brackets keys.

• Switch b/wn Add & Subtract from the mask using the “X” key.

• Change the color of the mask to suit my image and be visible.

• Most importantly, paint selectively in one area of my image w/out the mask freestyling where it wanted to go.

• Say, “Yay!”

• My AI Brush was on ‘medium’ before switching to the Basic Brush. So, I didn’t run into the problem Don did. But it would be great, Yazi, if the scale brush size features using bracket would work no matter what the AI Brush size was set to.

• Also, I’m hoping a textual modification to the right hand settings Masking panel could be an easy add for the devs. - I’ve requested previously too - as a convenience to users. Can they pls. add a brief explanatory indication next to the “Add” & “Subtract” buttons that the shortcut to flip b/wn them is “x”? And, ditto, could there be visible text or a hover over popup box near ‘size’ that the shortcut to change size (vs having to use the slider way over there) are the brackets keys. [Seems like a good thing to intro when the scale size from any launching AI size brush is corrected…]

Thanks Anthony!!!

UPDATED:

• Was just able to launch with no issues in Ps 2023 as Plugin and use Basic Brush there too on a diff. image. One thing I really liked was that the Masking Brush setting held (was “sticky”) it stayed in the ‘off’ position I left it in after the Standalone test above. It didn’t feel compelled to set it to a default ‘on’. I really like that! (But then I don’t like maids in hotel rooms resetting everything I’ve placed for convenience for the duration of a vacation stay to whatever they’re trained to do for new guests). Snips labelled in filenames:

5 Likes

I absolutely love this app now I can’t imagine my work flow without it. Thank you team topaz photo

1 Like

Early playing on Win 11 with CS6 and with standalone. Not image dependant , but a problem for sure. I have a Wacom A4 tablet and do a lot with the pen, the switches are set to the way I work and when using the refine and the manual brush it is all fun with add and subtract working from the pen button . Great and a bracket to change size… then I want to move to another area of the image when zoomed in to paint. It moves the image by using the space key … but then after that it wont paint or remove at all . Exited the image and returned …still not behaving . Exited the standalone and returned by reopening the image and I could play happily. Leave refine and return adding and removing again with speed…then leave refine and return and all is well and works . The moment I play with scroll from Space Bar , the dark clouds gather ! For a first shot its fun , but command chain of shortcuts needs addressing.

Hi

when using CLI on MacOS (13.2.1) - M2Pro always get this message

the commandline used is

/Applications/Topaz\ Photo\ AI.app/Contents/MacOS/Topaz\ Photo\ AI --cli --recursive --showSettings /Users/luis/Desktop/dji\ 09

where I have some 80/90 pictures.

What is the issue with this ?

Also where on CLI can we enable Enhance ?

Thanks

Hi, if it helps to devs: i’ve processed this attached half-processed image and I get the whole face recovered.

1 Like

Thank you. Yeah, the issue here is most probably hardware-specific. Looking into why it’s happening to Christian.

Working from Lightroom with raw files via the plug in manager. Every 4th or 5th photo processed Photo AI quits. Sometimes coming back from crop, sometimes while processing, sometimes when saving back to lightroom. There does not appear to be anything that causes the problem and the frequency is random. Edit the same photo immediately after the crash and everything will usually work fine. This has been the case since I purchased Topaz back in early December. Just upgraded to 1.2.4 and the but still exists, first photo I tried to process.
DxDiag.txt (147.6 KB)
2023-03-03-13-58-44.tzlog (400.5 KB)

2023-03-03-13-58-44.tzlog (400.5 KB)

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Lightroom File menu->Plug In Extras->Process with Topaz Photo AI
  2. Crop photo, Check / edit subject, Denoise and Sharpen.
  3. Save to Lightroom. Crash can happen anywhere along these steps

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

After upgrading, I cannot find the photos saved from the enhancement anywhere. I tried changing the location to save and it still does not work. Can you please help?

on windows, why does the save panle in batch only allow the saved/processed images to be save in current folder where the original images were located, why not allow user to pick folder?

My workflow has image files saved from camera card to a folder in LR Classic and the best of these included in a collection. I then process the files in the collection, including with Photo AI. I use the process in Photo AI plugin menu to bring the file into Photo AI (to maintain raw format) but when I save the processed file (now a .dng) the new file is sent back to the folder with the original file but not the collection. It is sometimes hard to find this file. Is there a way to have the processed file added to the collection?
Thanks.

For the last two updates of Photo AI I have had the same problem.

Early in the installation process I get a recrurring error window thus:

Topaz Photo AI Setup

Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.

Retry Cancel

The installation program then is then in a recurring cycle (even after selecting “cancel” and can only be stopped by killing the process in Task Manager.

Solution?

Thanks
Gary

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows]