Topaz Photo AI v1.2.10

Correct, Yazi.saradest checked and Capture One is not embedding the crop information. I’ve contacted Capture One and requested they add it, but I imagine they get all manner of feature requests and I saw a post from 3 years ago stating that their DNG did not contain any adjustment info.

I know this isn’t the thread for TPAI beta, but I thought I’d report that the latest beta processes my test image without the “Remove Noise” artifact problem in TPAI. I’m delighted, and hope that devs will propagate this to the release version.

2 Likes

What is the Camera/Lens combination?

Shoutout to Photo AI in my latest blog post

2 Likes

I would like to see an option to have Photo AI (TPAI) or some text show in the returned file name to indicate it is coming back to LR from Photo AI. I thought there was an option somewhere to have something tagged into the filename after processing. It would be nice if we could designate that custom text. Now I try to remember to add a keyword in files processed in Photo AI for easy ID as to of which are processed and which aren’t

Yeah, that’s strange. After that, I’m on Windows 10 with an MSI Ventus RTX 3070. But for the image, the only thing I noticed that Photo AI doesn’t handle very well is the DNG format. If you use the denoise filter and the scaling filter at the same time, it makes a kind of weird distortion and a really exaggerated color fringe. This is not the case with other photo formats.

This color fringe occurs mainly with activated denoise. But it disappears if you use either filter.

And that’s regardless of the DNG image. It handles DNG HDR even less well. (image fusion with different exposure

Well, in the meantime, given that on your image it obviously does not generate the problem with topaz Denoise, make the treatment in 2 times. Once in denoise to remove the noise/grain and a second time in Photo Ai for the rest. This is the only workaround I have for you.

I think I spotted an alien in the image :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

In gigapixel, it does not have the same head hahaha :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It must depend on the source as DXO PureRAW DNGs are handled well …

I see that. Maybe the conversion from camera output to DNG file doesn’t always go well. But the same effect occurs with DNG files output from a smartphone. Example with a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Ha but I see you are still on 1.2.9. I think the problem was not there on this version. I didn’t check. I found it on 1.2.10.

Fine on 1.2.10 …

On some DNGs, the fringe disappears but there is this kind of weirdness. even if the sliders are at minimum. In Tiff version, no problem.

And on HDR type photos created in Lightroom in DNG format, there is always this kind of problem. The photo is like stretched on the top and bottom edge. I already had the case once or twice that it is also on the left and right edges.

RAW Denoise on absolute minimum horribly destroyes every grass detail.
Unusable for me.

Yes I have seen that but they are difficult images because they use floating point format rather than fixed … another example of Adobe adjustments to the standard.

When I launch my licenced software, I am told that the software needs to be activated, attempting to do so fails with the following:

"There was a problem with your computer’s auth token, please refresh the token by clicking ‘Activate’ above.

Doing so fails with the same error.

error

Topaz Photo AI [v1.2.9] on [Windows]

Update to v1.2.10 to see if that helps.

That’s why I right click on the photo in Lightroom after color enhancement. Thus, it creates a tiff in the Topaz products.
And it is easier afterwards to improve the details especially on this image with denoise and enhance resolution activated

Edit, I multiplied by 2 the resolution in order to make a photo with 24 megapixel.
This is an HDR fusion of 3 photos from my smartphone in Raw DNG mode.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice Don, but unfortunately, I still have the same issue with v1.2.10.

Anyone, any ideas on the black screen?