Topaz Photo AI v1.2.10

Ten revisions (!) and PAI still does this to grass. If Remove Noise is on, it breaks grass. If Remove Noise is off, it doesn’t. Have reported this multiple times, sent file via DB, etc. None of my other denoise programs, including TDAI, screws this up. Really discouraging.

6 Likes

If you have Photoshop, you can use a copy of your denoised image with denoise and a copy of your enhanced image in photo AI with the denoise option enabled. Then with the masks, you remove the damaged part of the grass by photo ai by having underneath the layer of the photo denoise Ai. So you don’t disturb anybody anymore. Although the software is relatively powerful, it can not always improve the entire image. There will always be small defects in some places. Hence the interest of playing with several copies of the image having been saved with different enhancement models and then selecting the best areas of the image using the mask in Photoshop. This is what I do when some areas of a photo are not so good. I do the treatment in several times instead of doing it in one time.

1 Like

Still getting this strange colour artifact with this image. Its a Canon 5D raw file.
_MG_5531.dng (12.2 MB)
If a member would like to try this image to see if they get the same results. I switched off the noise reduction as this smears detail. I upscaled it to 6000 in width, using high fidelity.

1 Like

What are these Dictation and the Emoji & Symbols functions in your screenshot? I’m on Windows and don’t see these. Moreover, I cannot even imagine what they’re about… :confused:

Functions

Yes, I sent in a report to Topaz along with a raw file on 2022/12/8 about this problem and I am also still waiting for the problem to be fixed. That was about 17 releases ago.

1 Like

I just get a black screen, nothing inside the window. The menus work, but nothing else. This is on a Mac, Ventura 13.3.
2023-04-08-07-23-5.tzlog (84.1 KB)
2023-04-08-07-21-22.tzlog (3.8 MB)

Not the same results repeated but a new file processed with the latest Photo AI, and one with DXO Pure RAW 3

They’re all parts of Apple’s framework… relative to text editing… You can turn on Dictation and the dictation feature will convert to text, and the Emoji thing accesses the entire Apple Emoji and symbols libraries…

Yes I am getting it too, albeit in different places. This is with both v1.2.10 and with the 1.3 beta.I suspect it relates to the fact that the highlights are blown out. However, I ran the image through Gigapixel AI (Standard model) and got no such artefacts.
There is also some colour fringing.

Sending it to TPAI as an edited TIFF (with highlights adjusted) was also OK.

Thanks for clarifying that. Are these features useful in Photo AI?

No… but they are in Other graphic type programs that utilize those services… An example, using Apple’s Preview, you can add Text and symbols to images…

1 Like

I don’t know what operating system you are running but with denoise enabled or not with the settings as you said, I don’t have the problem. Whether in standalone or as an Adobe Lightroom plugin.

Here is your image retouched in Lightroom and enhanced with Photo AI.

By the way, this is a very nice picture

1 Like

Here is my TIFF version with basic edits done in On1 PR 2023. I was unable to remove the vignetting with PR. Even DxO Pure Raw 2 was not able to remove it completely.

i am on windows 11, my gpu is a nvidia 2060 RTX. If i process this image without using photo ai, in either
Luminar neo or affinity photo, its fine, no artifacts. the original is slightly overexposed, but only in the white areas of the clouds.

this is a version i processed a few years ago before i started using topaz software. Its artifact free.

actually i did upload the wrong raw file, but it essentially the same shot from a slightly different angle, same camera, light etc.

Prior to installing the latest update my computer processed the photos very fact. No with the new version 1.2.10 it is moving extremely slow. I am using the latest updates for Photoshop and I have a fast computer.
Can anyone please help.

same raw image processed in Gigapixel, the strange colour artifacts in the clouds have gone.

the original raw image in Luminar Neo shows no artifacts in the cloud area either.

whatever profile is applied in Photo AI to the raw image here means it comes out even brighter than the original. this may be what is causing the yellow artifacts, because it does not happen in either Gigapixel, or Noise AI. They come out darker than Photo Ai.

I don’t have Photoshop. Affinity and others.

I’m not sure what you meant by “So you don’t disturb anybody anymore”. I hope to “disturb” Topaz’ devs such that they correct the aberrant behavior of PAI.

It’s my opinion that a product like PAI shouldn’t force me into awkward third-party workarounds to fix artifacts it generates. Others may feel differently.

1 Like