Topaz Photo AI v1.2.0

Hi - can you please send me a screenshot of the black screen and your log files from Help > Open Log?

Hi - the ability to crop in LrC has been added in v1.2.0 :slight_smile:

Hi - I’d appreciate it if you can send me an installer log file by doing the following:

1. Open Terminal on your Mac
  2. Type in (you can also copy and paste): grep -n “install-psplugin” /var/log/install.log > ~/Desktop/topaz-support-installer.log
  3. Press Enter
  4. Go to your Desktop
  5. Upload “topaz-support-installer.log”

Hi! Are you still running into this issue? If yes, please reproduce the issue and send me your log file from Help > Open Log Folder. Thank you.

Hi - could you send me this image through: Dropbox? Please let me know if you’ve sent me something. Thank you.

Hi - please let me know if you’ve sent the examples through: Dropbox. Thank you.

Hi - we don’t yet have a timeline for when the pixel shift will be fixed but we’re already investigating it and will implement a fix as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Hi Russell - we’ll be working on a standard brush. It’s one of our next items on the roadmap.

2 Likes

I don’t remember the photo I used and can’t find it now. I did try using 6 or 7 other photos with clear skies and there were no artifacts.

1 Like

I have been communicating with and sending raw files to Lingyu Kong for some time now. I was just disappointed that this wasn’t address in the latest update. I believe it is something specific to the panasonic raw file.

Hi Manfred - I see you sent us the processed DNG that doesn’t open up. Can you please send me the original image through: Dropbox? Thank you.

Thanks, Toya. I just checked this. It seems like this is only specific to the Strong model in RAW Remove Noise. We’ve seen this happening with some specific RAW models and we’re currently investigating it. Thanks for your patience.

Talking of DNG files - if I edit a Canon or Nikon raw file and then try to save to dng it says it is saving the file at the right size - but when I actually check the file from windows explorer it is only a very small size - something like 300x 200. Am I missing something here? Probably me being a numpty.

Looks like it was Clear in deNoise AI 3.7.0. Sending image now.

Hi Eric, thanks for the progress on NR, currently NR in PhotoAI is not usable. I use Sharpen AI to get much better results however SharpenAI doesnt have subject recognition :frowning:
Looking forward (soon please) to a fully usable NR in PhotoAI :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The DNG file does show as what is essentially a thumbnail in windows explorer & Faststone Image viewer, however if I open it in Affinity Photo or DXO Photolab it shows as the correct size. & can be developed & saved as a full size image,

Thanks for that Geoff - thought it was probably me missing something.

After the update my photos don’t come out well in lightroom they are completely white and in photoshop they have a weird pattern. Only when I use photo AI outside of photoshop and lightroom does the photo come out well.
PS and LR are both up to date. I reinstalled PhotoAI, but that didn’t solve the problem.
I have read lots today but nothing of this kind or a sullotion i found.

It’s the first time I have trouble so don’t know if I’m here to the wright place.
I try to put an example in this post.

2 Likes

@ Topaz Devs -

Is there a way to develop a PAI beta that doesn’t employ pixel shifting to create higher resolution outputs (i.e., an option we can turn On/Off to compare output results) yet that maintains the sharpening characteristics of Sharpen AI & its earlier, “classic” (legacy) cousins (and, enables Denoise to be turned to 0 (zero) additive sharpening?

Rationale: To test our perceptions of PAI-processed outputs w/out pixel shifting and w/out additive sharpening (via denoise) and gauge whether PAI could be more usable on a day-to-day basis for high quality (vs ‘okay’ output large batch) post-processing of single photographs (or, relatively small batches requiring high-caliber results vs primarily speedy processing).

5 Likes