Topaz Photo AI v1.1.7

That is interesting, as it has worked with all of my Z9 files right up until this last update, and I have run thousands of images through the program from my Z9. Something has changed. I know that the Z9 lossless compressed files have not been working or supported but the uncompressed RAW files have always worked well until now.

If it isn’t supported, that is interesting as this camera has been on the market for over a year and is the flagship model from a major manufacturer.

sounds similar to the issue I’ve been experiencing. Maybe the same issue. What camera are you using?

sorry misread, thought you wrote it was not supported. Yes, the uncompressed has been supported, for a bit. The lossless uncompressed files don’t work yet. I thought of sending them the files with a DBox link, may do that when they reply to my initial message.

I uninstalled and reinstalled from the download… still having the issue. Thanks for the tip. I will try that on future updates as well.

1 Like

I use the Canon R5.

Looks like this issue is not camera specific then. I shoot a Z9 and am experiencing similar hanging on saving the DNG files on certain RAW images. Works for several then hangs and that same image will hang every time I think.

Unless I’ve mixed something, with cropping I can’t see how to rotate an image to straighten it.

New Photo AI review.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/topaz-photo-ai-review-numerous-ml-powered-tools-all-in-one-app

1 Like

Minolta .mrw file in LR, Edit>Plug-in to Topaz. remove noise and large 2x. This was the result, yellow lines in pic

Try sending a TIFF to see if it makes a difference.

I use Canon R5 and have exactly the same issues as you experienced after having updated 1.1.7 version!

I emailed support. A new update is supposed to be available today that fixes the issue. The work around is to open the program, go to “preferences” located on the menu bar at top of the screen, uncheck “enable lens correction”. It worked for me.

I followed your guidance but it did not work for me. I saved the topaz image in DNG format but it turned out as below (see R5__7433-TP.dng), which was unable to open in PS.

However, it could be saved in jpeg format but the image was much underexposed.

Thx. Mike pretty well captured current positives and negatives of PAI and who the likely target audience is for the product and its current feature set (+ considerations of tradeoffs given the cost). I tried to research his affiliations (if any); he appears to be a freelance writer in the southeast US - also reviews/uses DxO products.

1 Like

sending from LR to topaz as tiff works just fine, only when I send a raw, .mrw, and Topaz sends back to LR as a .dng

1 Like

Ive tried in 1.1.8 version and is he same. I noticed its only when I use LR>File>Plug-in Extras, and it only does in Topz AI if I increase the file size, in this case I chose 2x

I updated to 1.1.8, same issue. Unchecked enable lens correction as suggested, did not fix issue