Topaz Photo AI v1.1.7

My PC specs just above (Post 38).

Just ran this (.jpg) image - using PAI Plugin as pre-processor in Ps 2023.

Unlike previous few images this one exhibited a significant (enough) pixel hop back on the Ps layer after I applied from the PAI plugin.

Interestingly, I did more manual sharpening in the PAI UI with this image.

I’ve been experiencing the same thing … I ended up reinstalling the last version

Did updates and lost the plug in from filter on Photoshop elemenets 2022. Uninstalled and reloaded to the latest 1.1.7 version but still unable to link to plug in. Have done the usual steps of linking to topaz LLc but no result.

There should be also an option for the “REmove Noise” module to limit the denoising to the subject only (like the Sharpen module).
It’s embarassing to see the software removing the texture it sees in the picture, and refining the subject doesn’t help in that.

Hello Don, forgive my ignorance but I don’t see a clear option to send that information to Topaz. Is there a support email address I can sned it to? All the support options in the Help menu bring me to these forums or to help articles which are not what I need to do here. I am able to find the log files in the help menu but don’t know where to send them.

I just noticed that when invoking Photo AI from Lightroom from the File → Plug-in Manager, Photo AI is not copying the keyword Metadata.

Just updated to 1.1.7 with no issues but when I batch process a bunch of DNGs it crashes. It doesn’t seem to matter how many I select. I have not tried this specifically with DNGs in the past but other formats have worked fine. W11 64bit. Photoshop installed.

Actually it crashes with even 1 DNG so I’ll try a different format.

@j [dgreen1001-74291
Try sending them to their dropbox - link is in the very first post in this thread. Press the home button to get there quickly. Hope this helps.

There’s something wrong with your computer/OS… It works fine on my Mac M1 w/latest Monterey OS… I just processed 162 DNG files from a 1 hour Star Trail shoot… and I processed the same images from both of LR’s “Edit in” plugin and the Plug-in Extras menu… both worked flawlessly.

I tried it on two PC’s worked before the update and hangs now on both machines. There is nothing wrong with my computer/OS. If it were that, then there would have been an issue on only one of my machines, not the same exact problem on both machines laptop & desktop after the same update. I am going to uninstall the program and re-install from scratch and try again to see if that helps.

-Edit: I re-installed the software but still having the same issue with Z9.NEF uncompressed batch processing. It seemed to hang on the same file twice so I removed that one file from the batch and it continued, so it seems it is an issue with certain RAW images which is a new thing. I’m uploading the raw file it hung on to the dropbox for them to use for debug.

You need to go to the main website and raise a support request there. It’s on the support page and just attach the logs there.

Do you have a link to that place? I have looked there and cannot find anything. I have now confirmed it is certain RAW files hanging it up, for what reason I don’t know.

You need to shut PSE down before running the update process.

Go to the support page, click on the question icon, fill out the page and send that.

Thank you. Had to turn off security feature on my router to have the question feature pop up, wasn’t even showing up for me. I’ve sent them my log files with an explanation. Tried to send raw files that it hung up on but it can’t take anything more than 10mb and the Z9 raw files are pretty big.

1 Like

You could always upload to a file sharing site such as DropBox and send the link. Also I cannot see anything on the LibRAW site, it is the RAW converter used, saying explicitly that uncompressed RAW from the Z9 is supported.

It would be great and a lot faster if we could crop directly from the main viewer with a shortcut keyboard (c), adjust the crop and press ENTER to validate like in Photoshop.

After installing the last update I’m having two issues. and it seems to be happen on some images but not others. It happens enough to be frustrating to say the least.

Issue 1
After making changes to settings, i.e. denoise, sharpen, etc., processing changes seems to hang up. Instead of “Idle” pops up immediately instead seeing the process bar expanding in the lower left corner of the screen and “Preview Updated” doesn’t appear.

Issue 2
After making adjustments to RAW image, the saving process hangs up. Saving raw file to “preserve input format” or DNG begins and then quits or doesn’t start at all.

I am using Windows 11 Pro. The Program worked fine until this latest update. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue with this week’s update.

1 Like

Also, if you run updates from inside the program, it is probably preferable to use the full installers from the top of each new Product Release discussion page instead…