Topaz Photo AI v1.1.4

Confirmed fixed:

• Split view slider offset at zoom levels 50% or lower.

Reiterating Issues present:

• Sharpening shifts the whole image or sharpened subject (depending on ‘subject only’ setting) down+right.
    When only the subject is sharpened its alignment relative to the rest of the image is changed, stretching the top/left and squishing the bottom/right.
    [visible in saved output]
    –Recover face undoes its sharpening shift, now misaligning the face from the rest of the image or subject (often the person who the face belongs to).
    [visible in saved output]
  • Remove noise (normal/strong models) strength slider has no influence over the amount of noise reduction applied. The default is successful at removing noise, but a bit too strong creating an artificially smooth look.
  • In zoom levels other than 100% the before preview has a slight crop compared to the denoised/after preview. Toggling visibility or sliding the slider back and forth show this as an apparent shift. Most clearly visible towards edges of the photo.
    [not visible in saved output]

Nice to have:

• Zooming with scroll wheel to pan the image so that the area under the cursor remains in view.
    Now it ignores the cursor and zooms on the current centre of the viewport.
  • An indication if any lens correction profile was found/applied at all other than having to toggle “apply lens correction” on/off.
4 Likes

Hi David;
I’m glad you found a solution. If I have problems in future I’ll try your fix.

Regards
Larry

Many people say it’s been solved, but my Photoshop crashes when I invoke Photo AI plugin. Does anybody know a workaround for this issue? Thanks.

Topaz Photo AI 1.1.4
Photoshop 2023 (24.1.0)
Mac OS 12.6.2 (21G320)

Updated version 1.1.4 yesterday, but today something is wrong. After imported photo into PAI, the color saturation is reduced a lot.

1 Like

What type of image; RAW, DNG, TIFF, JPEG etc.? If it is RAW what camera?

15 posts were split to a new topic: Photo (Scanned etc.) Restoration

Problem is solved with v.1.1.5