Topaz Photo AI v1.1.2

This problem occured with a DNG file from ARC’s Enhancement (2x). The file was severely cropped and edited with basic exposure, lens correction, default detail settings, a contrast-mask and spot healing.
This is what the crop with initial editing looks like in Bridge):

The DNG file opened from Photo AI stand alone and run on Auto Pilot. The default value for noise reduction (46) was reduced to 24, nothing else changed (it was hard to evaluate the noise, as the lighting had been stripped):

The process ran unusually fast, and the promised output size is unexpectedly reduced:

And this is what the output looks like when opened in Bridge (the size is strangely reduced).
What is causing the massive blue cast?:

Best,
Eigil Skovgaard

Seen a few people already mention this, but the latest version has major colour issues with OM-1 ORF files. These worked fine with version 1.1.1 so it looks like a newly introduced issue.
Could do with a fix for this asap because I take a lot of low light photos at Christmas and Photo AI has become a key part of my workflow.

No crashing or color problems with sRGB and Nikon Z6 raw images, but some general comments. I’m beginning to question the idea of autopilot for other than a starting point. It almost never comes up with what would be my final settings and often doesn’t even choose the right filters. I do a lot of images at base ISO, where the actual noise is close to zero, yet it often wants to apply noise filtering. It’s probably seeing textures that I want to preserve. Sharpening often isn’t selected, yet that’s what I want to do most. Subject selection is better than it was, but still iffy. I often don’t have a subject, or it’s too complex for AI. I’d like a choice for “all” in addition to none. Still need to disable the AI brush and just let me do it myself with no help.

So far, so good. Please consider adding a layer/transparent layer grab to the mask refiner, a la Mask AI. The mask refine process is better In Photo AI, but we sure could use the layer grab (subject/background choice). Thanks for all your efforts.

1 Like

New version available: v1.1.3